• Replies 63
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supremo Phantom

thanks. :) are these updates same for desktops as well as laptops, or are they different.

i mean w.r.t. the chipset drivers etc.

november_ra1n

thanks. :) are these updates same for desktops as well as laptops, or are they different.

i mean w.r.t. the chipset drivers etc.

Supreme i use all the new drivers in this list they all working and i am on Desktop however most of the Intel driver suitable both desktop and laptop, i suggest read the documentation for each driver will tell you all the information about specification of the each engine, motherboard chipset etc.

Edit: Only exception is USB 3.0 Driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0.8.251 Driver, does not work for me i dont know why!

I got the answer i am on Windows 8 but this driver is available only Microsoft Windows* 7 Does not support any other Operation System!!!

That is what Intel Says:

Windows 8* has a native in-box USB 3.0 driver. Intel is not releasing a specific Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Windows 8.If you are upgrading Windows 7* to Windows 8, uninstall the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver before installing the upgrade.

november_ra1n

Topic Updated On 06 August 2013 -USB 3.0 Driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 2.5.0.19 Driver [Official Driver] Page #1 >>>
Notice: This Driver Is Only Available For Windows 7 Does Not Support Any Other Operation System!

Supremo Phantom

i think you should still keep the link to the previously shared USB 3.0 drivers. These latest drivers you have shared have the following system requirements:

1. The system must contain one of the following Intel
Chipsets/Processors:

4th generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family
Intel® 8 Series/C220 series Chipset Family
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor U-Series Platform I/O

2. The software should be installed on systems with at
least 1 GB of system memory.

3. There should be sufficient hard disk space in the <TEMP>
directory on the system in order to install this
software.

The drivers included with this distribution package are
designed to function with all released versions of
Microsoft Windows* 7 and Server 2008 OS available at the time of release
of this package.

Please check with your system provider to determine the
operating system and Intel Chipset used in your system.

although i am on win 7 64 bit, with the latest USB 3.0 drivers installed, still i do not understand why, whenever i start to transfer data from a USB 3.0 external drive to my HDD using the USB 3.0 port, it starts with a transfer rate of 200MB/sec but within seconds, starts to drop down to as low as 30MB/sec... thats like worse than 2.0 standards :(

why would it behave like that.. :(

what i have is a laptop with a Intel i7 3rd gen processor, 8GB RAM, i am using a USB 3.0 port to connect a USB 3.0 HDD, with the latest drivers, and still such pathetic transfer rate, this is killing me.

november_ra1n

although i am on win 7 64 bit, with the latest USB 3.0 drivers installed, still i do not understand why, whenever i start to transfer data from a USB 3.0 external drive to my HDD using the USB 3.0 port, it starts with a transfer rate of 200MB/sec but within seconds, starts to drop down to as low as 30MB/sec... thats like worse than 2.0 standards :(

why would it behave like that.. :(

what i have is a laptop with a Intel i7 3rd gen processor, 8GB RAM, i am using a USB 3.0 port to connect a USB 3.0 HDD, with the latest drivers, and still such pathetic transfer rate, this is killing me.

If you are having trouble with latest driver you go control panel then device manager select the items go to the property tab and select uninstall then install the older driver or let Microsoft Driver take over it if you if you go action panel and scan for hardware change that will install Microsoft driver for you however i add older driver in the list as well as keeping the recent one.

7h.png

Here is the all driver for desktop and laptop just select the one more suitable for your requirement:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=USB%203.0%20Driver

• 2 weeks later...
november_ra1n

Topic Updated On 21 August 2013 - Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® Desktop Boards 9.4.0.1026 [Official Driver] Page #1 >>>

Also Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver 12.8.0.1016 [Official Driver ]

&

Intel® ME 9: Management Engine Driver 9.5.3.1520

november_ra1n

Intel® ME: Management Engine Driver [Official Driver]

Operating Systems:Windows 7 (32-bit)*, Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows 8, 32-bit*, Windows 8, 64-bit*

Date:08/08/2013

PurposeInstalls the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) version 9.0.5.1367 for Intel® Desktop Boards.The Intel® ME software components that need to be installed depend on the system's specific hardware and firmware features. The installer detects the system's capabilities and installs the relevant drivers and applications. Additional NotesIf the Intel® Management Engine (Intel ME) driver has not been successfully installed, you may see an error on a "PCI Simple Communications Controller" in Device Manager

Intel® ME 9: Management Engine Driver 9.5.3.1520

This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.Intel® NUC Board D34010WYBIntel® NUC Board D54250WYBIntel® NUC Kit D34010WYKIntel® NUC Kit D54250WYK

Download Link:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23091/a08/MEI_allOS_1.5M_9.5.3.120_PV.exe.exe

Intel® ME: Management Engine Driver 9.0.5.1367

This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.Intel® Desktop Board DH87MCIntel® Desktop Board DH87RLIntel® Desktop Board DZ87KLT-75K

Download Link:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22596/eng/MEI_allOS_1.5M_9.0.5.1367_PV.exe

Intel® ME: Management Engine Driver 9.0.5.1367

This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.Intel® Desktop Board DB85FLIntel® Desktop Board DQ87PG

Download Link:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22597/eng/MEI_allOS_5.0M_9.0.5.1367_PV.exe

***If your Product not listed here is the rest of download link*** :

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=Management%20Engine%20Driver

Supremo Phantom

is there a tool to correctly identify the desktop board in the system?

november_ra1n

is there a tool to correctly identify the desktop board in the system?

Yes there is here we go:

Intel® Processor Identification Utility - Windows* Version 4.7.0

Date:05/22/2013 Status:Latest

Size:1.38 MB Language:English

Operating Systems:Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2008 *, Windows 2000 *, Windows 7 *, Windows 8*, Windows Vista *, Windows XP *

This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.

ntel® Atom™ Processor

Intel® Celeron® Desktop Processor

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor

Intel® Core™ i3 Desktop Processor

Intel® Core™ i3 Mobile Processor

Intel® Core™ i5 Desktop Processor

Intel® Core™ i5 Mobile Processor

Intel® Core™ i7 Desktop Processor

Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processor

Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processor Extreme Edition

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition

Intel® Core™ Solo processor

Intel® Core™2 Duo Desktop Processor

Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile Processor

Intel® Core™2 Extreme Mobile Processor

Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor

Intel® Core™2 Quad Mobile Processor

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor

Intel® Core™2 Solo Processor

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor Extreme Edition

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processors

Intel® Pentium® D Processor

Intel® Pentium® M Processor

Intel® Pentium® Processor Extreme Edition

Intel® Pentium® Processor for Desktop

Intel® Pentium® Processor for Mobile

Intel® Processor Identification Utility

Intel® Xeon® Processor

Intel® Xeon® Processor 3000 Sequence

Intel® Xeon® Processor 5000 Sequence

Intel® Xeon® Processor 6000 Sequence

Intel® Xeon® Processor 7000 Sequence

Mobile Intel® Celeron® Processors

Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 Processors - M

Detailed Description

Download Link

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/7838/eng/pidenu34.msi

Intel® Chipset Identification Utility 6.0.0

File name:ChipUtil.exe

Version:6.0.0

Date:02/07/2011 Status:Latest

Size:0.25 MB Language:English

Operating Systems:Windows 7 (32-bit)*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows XP *

Detailed Description

The file above contains the Intel® Chipset Identification Utility. This utility helps you identify the specific Intel chipset or Intel chipset family that is located on your motherboard. This information can be used to determine if your system supports software such as the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility, or Intel's graphics drivers.

Note: To this tool is already configured to run in "Administrator" mode. However, if you need to manually run the utility on Microsoft Windows Vista* and Microsoft Windows 7*, right-click on CHIPUTIL.EXE and click "Run as Administrator". There is currently no support for 64-bit Operating Systems.

Note: This version of the utility does not provide support for Intel® chipsets prior to the Intel® 900 Series Chipset family.

Note: This utility does not identify your processor. To identify what type of Intel® processor you have, download the Intel® Processor Identification Utility

Read Me Text

Download Link

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18498/eng/ChipUtil.exe

what about Intel Management Interface on laptop boards?

specifically for 5- or 6-series intel chipset family for mobile sandy bridge?

can't seem to find anything on intel website

november_ra1n

what about Intel Management Interface on laptop boards?

specifically for 5- or 6-series intel chipset family for mobile sandy bridge?

can't seem to find anything on intel website

How about using Online Intel® Driver Update Utility [Automatically identify and find drivers]

****Installing a secure ActiveX/Java browser component is required,

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

november_ra1n

**New Edition Intel Driver**

Intel® Smart Connect Technology for Intel® Desktop Boards
Detailed Description
Purpose
Installs the Intel® Smart Connect Technology software. Intel Smart Connect Technology is designed to update programs by periodically waking your PC from Sleep/Standby mode for a brief period of time.
Additional notes
Support for this software is at the Intel Smart Connect Technology home page.
Download Link

• 2 weeks later...

Intel Chipset Device Software 9.4.0.1027 WHQL

Supported Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Windows Vista RTM and SP’s
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows 8.1
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/forum/news/110-driver-intel-chipset-device-software-9-4-0-1027#511

Thank you i will add in front page later. But 9.4.3.1011 the lates driver to me...

Intel ® Chipset Device Software [Non Official]

Side:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/8-news/24-intel-chipset
Download Link

http://www.station-drivers.com/download/intel/chipset/intel_chipset_9.4.3.1011(www.station-drivers.com).exe

9.4.3.1011 PV Release for Avoton

The Intel® Chipset Device Software contains support for the following Intel Chipsets:

mastermindsos

Do Windows 8 drivers work in 8.1?

How do i tell exactly which intel driver version do i need?

Is it works like Nvidia driver, where it can be used for all cards?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
november_ra1n

18 November 2013 Topic Updated see Post #1 >>>:

Chipset: Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® Desktop Boards v9.4.0.1027AHCI: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel® NUC v12.8.0.1016RAID: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel® NUC v12.8.0.1016

Archived