5-year old brutally raped in Delhi, whole India shocked

DKT27

• Administrator

Age no bar in sick society.

The plight of a five-year-old girl who was brutally raped and tortured in east Delhi and could be rescued only three days later, as reported in TOI, because of police callousness and insensitivity, led to widespread public outrage on Friday. The child is now battling for her life at AIIMS where she was shifted from Swami Dayanand Hospital in Dilshad Garden when public anger boiled over leading to heckling of Delhi health minister A K Walia and the slapping of a 17-year-old girl protester by a senior cop. A string of protests has been scheduled for Saturday.

Reading the mood early, a government that had faced a lot of flak over the Nirbhaya incident barely four months ago, moved into damage control mode with a string of high-level meetings, culminating in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh expressing deep regret over the incident. Within hours, the SHO of Gandhi Nagar police station, the first investigating officer of the case and the ACP who had slapped the girl had been suspended.

What fuelled public anger were allegations by the family of the victim that not only did the cops first delay filing the FIR and then failed to search their house, wasting precious time, they also tried to fend them off with an amount of Rs 2,000 after the child was rescued. They were told to be happy that she was alive, the family has alleged. A vigilance inquiry has been ordered and the report is to be submitted within 24 hours.

The brutality, bordering on the bestial, has shocked the conscience of the city. "We found a 200ml bottle and two-three pieces of candle inserted into her private parts. This is the first time I have seen such barbarism," said R.K. Bansal, medical superintendent of Swami Dayanand Hospital. "There were injuries on her lips, cheeks, arms and anus area. Her neck had bruise marks suggesting that attempts were made to strangle her. Her blood pressure was way below normal." The police said there were efforts to even slit her throat.

The accused has been identified as one Manoj, 22. Late at night, the police arrested the accused from Muzaffarpur in Bihar.

The accused had rented the ground floor of the house where the victim stayed just eight days ago. He had probably lured the child into the room on the evening of April 14 when she went missing. After brutalizing her and leaving her locked up, he escaped sometime on April 15 even as her family was looking for her desperately. On the morning of April 17, the mother and their neighbours heard someone crying in the room and called the cops, only to find their child. The accused has a previous case of trespassing registered against him and he was yet to be verified.

An attempt to murder case has been slapped on him, along with sections on wrongful confinement, procuring women for sexual matters, rape and the stringent POCSO Act that is meant for the protection of children.

5V1VJwB.jpg

By late evening, DCP (East) Prabhakar confirmed that both the SHO of Gandhi Nagar police station, Dharampal Singh, and the first investigating officer of the case, Mahavir Singh, had been suspended and would be facing a vigilance inquiry. "The allegations of police inaction and bribery will be covered by the same inquiry. The home ministry too has evaluated the entire investigation process,'' he said.

Earlier in the day, the Union home ministry sought a report from Delhi Police on the incident even as the home minister, Sushil Kumar Shinde, was asked to attend an emergency meeting at 7 RCR. Home secretary R K Singh had set the tone by announcing that he had spoken to police commissioner Neeraj Kumar and that "strict action must be taken against policemen concerned if any dereliction of duty is established.''

Anger against Delhi Police mounted after the girl's father, a mason, said they failed to even register his complaint when his daughter went missing. Angry protesters - including neighbours and activists of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) - had soon gathered at Swami Dayanand Hospital. They raised slogans against chief minister Sheila Dikshit and the police, demanding immediate arrest of the accused. Delhi's health minister, A K Walia, and East Delhi MP Sandeep Dikshit were heckled by them when they visited the victim at the hospital.

An assistant commissioner of police was suspended for slapping one of the protesters, a 17-year-old girl and a Class XII student, Beenu Rawat, who was enquiring about the condition of the victim at the hospital. ACP Bani Singh Ahlawat, posted in the Khajuri Khas area of east Delhi, was suspended for slapping and pushing her, said a senior police officer.

Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said it was an unfortunate incident but an aberration. "Delhi Police is not known for such high-handedness and we have taken prompt and strict action by suspending the ACP,'' he said. Beenu, a resident of east Delhi's Shahdara, was trying to enter the emergency ward of Swami Dayanand Hospital when a scuffle ensued.

:view: View: Original Article

First Nirbhaya and now this. We did have bad things going on time and again, but these incidents are probably the worst I have heard of. :(

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rape case again in India. So sad to hear those tragic news! I'm just wondering what's wrong so that so many rape cases happened! Ohh Lord!

Shanti for India! The holy land!

What's wrong with Delhi, man!

I just have a question to the Govt. of India: Why isn't the punishment for rape as brutal as the brutality they pursue to rape? Drill the b@st@rd's @$$h0les with a drilling machine dipping the drill-bit in molten iron :angry:

Disgusting.

my take on what is wrong..women are not viewed in a good light in India by enough men that this is still allowed to go on relatively with impunity... might take a few generations for this attitude to be changed they have class/caste rules for gods sake... not stretch to hold women in little to no esteem..even small girls apparently. you can do what you want to others in this country ..as long as you are in higher caste and yu make sure to only victimize those who are at the bottom

SnakeMasteR

I had to read 3 times, i couldn't believe what i read there. It's incredible, cruel and reflection of many parts of the real indian society.

For what is the police there, besides getting their money and violating others rights, of those they should protect? 6hrs to wait, no further investigation and some kind of hushmoney, seriously? Maybe they don't need a police at all, the people can do that on their own.

Eye for an Eye, that is what rapists need to fear and of course those that are the worst animals within their crimes. But i bet that wouldn't change anything. It will be a long process to change anything but not with that government or whatever they are.

Culprit arrested from Bihar Muzzafarpur. Confessed the deed. Persons with psychotic disorders do this. Since I deal with such regularly , the root cause for such disorders is Poverty , Lack of education ( deficient system in terms of implications ) , Over ambitious approach ending in big frustrations , Lack of disciplened life in terms of food and sleep. Four days ago i ve filed a PIL in Supreme Court and the decision will affect 50% of Indians and NRIs. PIL is going to expose a big nexus of Builders , Development Authorities , Police and ruling government. Already recieved two threats to my life and lucrative offers. I am fighting on my own and am not appointing any lawyer. I have decided to flush out and rectify the system as much as I can. Wonder why we all forget our fundamental rights and scummb to illegally routed pressures resulting in the creation of such personalities with disorders.

Earlier this week, a 6 year old was was raped and murdered in UP (a northern Indian state) and her parents and neighbors were then brutally assaulted by the police for protesting :( RIP dear angel. May God bless your soul.

This is what happens when you have an autocratic policing system in a democratic country :angry: The old British system was put in place to 'contain' the native population by hook or by crook. And we're still carrying on with that oppressive raj era century old dinosaur :mad2:

We need to bring in immediate police and judicial reforms. We need to invest more in police training and forensic research facilities. We need to sensitize the law enforcement to deal properly with victims and ensure swift punishment for the convicts. The swiftness and surety of justice rather than the quantum of punishment has proven time and again in the industrialized world to be a real deterrent. That's the way we need to move ;)

Absolutely unbelievable and unfortunate .

I read this news last night and just going through the gore bizarre details of the crime , made me cringe and crumble from inside ....... -_-

Ashamed , naked and helpless i felt ..... -_-

As if the case of Nirbhaya just a few months back was not already heart wrenching enough .....

Already On the world stage -- ( because of the Nirbhaya case and many other subsequent such cases after Nirbhaya ...... )

India has been made a joke .

Everywhere and allover there are talks of increased rates of this heinous crime in India .

Tourism to India has fallen drastically .

Even fun and pun sites like 9gag.com and the world's internet blog Reddit are circulating with jokes , articles , memes , blog entries etc etc , about how India is a rape nation now .

And after all this , what we all needed was " yet another case on the same lines but with even more brutality , that even puts the previous cases to a shame ! " :huh:

Great ...... :angry:

What the fcuk is the government doing ?

The police ? State Admin?

Bloody Shiela Dikshit -- Only capable of pardoning and giving bails to criminals who are already in Jails . Only because he is some mantri's son !

There has to be a corporal capital punishment of serious grave nature delivered and served by a special autonomous speedtrack court .

Only and only then , we can expect to instill in some fear in the devil criminal's conscience and that would thus make him think twice before resorting to such inhumane acts ....

@anuseems

Great job mate .

I have to quote that it takes a LOT of courage and will power to do something which you are doing .

It is not an easy job under any means . No way .

Good luck , Good wishes and May you end victorious ..... :)

@calguy

You are absolutely right about the " Raj Era " police system in India .

The police personnel enjoy and are still governed by the same very power laws and conduct rules which the British laid down during their erstwhile rule here .

And those Law and Rule books were made to suppress and instill fear into the general public so that they dont resort to mutinies and boycotts against the British .

The mutiny of 1857 started this and the British wanted to keep such incidents under control .

Bu hook , crook , power .

And unfortunately those Law and Rule books still stand valid as of today ! <_<

( ..... and if you know and have read and searched beneath the mainstream History articles and books , you would know that we never WON Independence but were GIVEN Independence by the British . And the reason why the Police and many other Govt rules and regulations are still under the British set pattern ......... ;) )

Four days ago i ve filed a PIL in Supreme Court and the decision will affect 50% of Indians and NRIs. PIL is going to expose a big nexus of Builders , Development Authorities , Police and ruling government.

If you've filed a PIL as an Individual, you're due for a big disappointment - have trodden upon that beaten track. :(

PIL is for collective cause and am following one supreme court's serving justice's instructions. I am representing a group. A few hrs back I had discussion with Mr. Bhushan of AAP, looks like a big positive outcome is on the cards. More after the achievement!

We don't have to visit the hospital to find sick peoples these days ... My deepest simphaty to the unfortunate victim.

What fuelled public anger were allegations by the family of the victim that not only did the cops first delay filing the FIR and then failed to search their house, wasting precious time, they also tried to fend them off with an amount of Rs 2,000 after the child was rescued. They were told to be happy that she was alive, the family has alleged. A vigilance inquiry has been ordered and the report is to be submitted within 24 hours.

Very disturbing.

The culprit has been arrested from Bihar.This reminds me of raj thackery's words (although I don't like him much) that most of the crimes in Mumbai,Delhi,etc are commited by people from Bihar and after observing a lot of crime stories, I have come to the conclusion that his statement is true.

In this case I like my own country rules. :)

Death penalty (hanging) without any doubt/objection for raping case when proved; in critical case, it is done in the public where the incident happened, tomorrow morning, before sunrise. ^_^

So, rape here if you dare. :D

Really sorry to hear these news, anyway. :(

i dont know why i am writing this coz may sound offensive

i have seen that whenever news like this comes into light people start screaming what government is doing, what police is doing, this state is sick blah.., blah..., blah.....

government officials come from within the society, its the thinking of society whether u accept or not. i can enumerate thousands of examples like increasing vulgarity (including abuses)

nobody asks to oneself what he did to control situation like this (everybody have a simple excuse "what we can do about it? its not our job"

no matter how hard laws and its enforcements u make its simple "demand and supply" rule. sex ratio is decreasing and the condition will only worsen

this case is just a tip of iceberg. people will shout for few days and then "who cares"

• Administrator

UPDATE: The girl (victim) is stable, her infection is under control. She is talking and asking for food since surgery on Friday night.

In other news, recently, the accused sister-in-law was raped and murdered, it is believed that the accused was the rapist in that case.

Here is the devil

5279_488432237895599_1818726732_n.jpg

The sh!thead is just a stain on the reputation of all the Indians. It must be washed out quickly and there is only one process for that - "A painfull death"

3 more cases of minors rape reported in Delhi

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/3-more-cases-of-minors-rape-reported-in-delhi/1105795/

Mentally challenged minor raped in Sirmaur

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/Mentally-challenged-minor-raped-in-Sirmaur/articleshow/19670107.cms

Shocking: 336% rise in child rape cases in India since 2001

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Shocking-336-rise-in-child-rape-cases-in-India-since-2001/Article1-1047789.aspx

At Delhi's AIIMS, another 5-year-old who was raped is recovering alone

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/at-delhi-s-aiims-another-5-year-old-who-was-raped-is-recovering-alone-357235

Nagpur: 4-year-old who was raped has brain injuries, is on life support

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/nagpur-4-year-old-who-was-raped-has-brain-injuries-is-on-life-support-356987

Eight-year-old raped in Barabanki, rushed to Lucknow for treatment

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/eight-year-old-raped-in-barabanki-rushed-to-lucknow-for-treatment-356808

Indian woman raped, enslaved in Britain for years

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/indian-woman-raped-enslaved-in-britain-for-years-report-356681

15-year-old allegedly gang-raped by three men in Odisha

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/15-year-old-allegedly-gang-raped-by-three-men-in-odisha-356815

Man who raped and murdered six-year-old in Aligarh slits his throat, survives

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/man-who-raped-and-murdered-six-year-old-in-aligarh-slits-his-throat-survives-356902

Hospital warden rapes mentally challenged woman, doctors cover up

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/hospital-warden-rapes-mentally-challenged-woman-doctors-cover-up-356877

these are all latest (past 36 hrs.) news.

so how many u can hang?

these are reported news which is just "a tip of iceberg", in outskirts there are innumerabale cases which happens daily and no one reports them

this is just the effect of decreasing sex ratio

with increasing unemployment, decreasing fuel power (mainly petroleum products), drying up water resources, blah..., blah...

tougher time is just on doorsteps

Here is the devil

5279_488432237895599_1818726732_n.jpg

The sh!thead is just a stain on the reputation of all the Indians. It must be washed out quickly and there is only one process for that - "A painfull death"

Killing does not give justice but a fast way out.

Better to lock him below under where no one can find him and hears him.

Make him feel what he did to that poor little girl.

Damn! If this man, and the likes, is in my country he'll wish he better off dead before I get a chance on him.

Archived