Microsoft Might Hit the Jackpot with a Smart Watch, Research Shows

rudrax

Microsoft-Might-Hit-the-Jackpot-with-a-S

Microsoft seems to be fully prepared to take the fight against Apple to a completely new level, this time with a smart watch device that could see daylight later this year.

As we’ve already told you, the company is working on a 1.5-inch Windows device that would compete with Apple’s upcoming iWatch, even though it’s not yet clear if the company only wants to develop a prototype or start mass production of such a unit.

But as far as ABI Research is concerned, Microsoft should really do this, as more than 1.2 million smart watches are likely to be shipped this year. And Microsoft would clearly account for an important share.

“The strong potential emergence of smart watches can be attributed to several reasons,” says senior analyst Joshua Flood.

“Contributing factors include the high penetration of smartphones in many world markets, the wide availability and low cost of MEMS sensors, energy efficient connectivity technologies such as Bluetooth 4.0, and a flourishing app ecosystem.”

:view: source

• Replies 8
  • Views 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But, where would I wear my vintage mechanical wristwatch then?

The vintage one is about to get lost in history.

Sell it to collectors for a big amount and buy yourself the best of your wishes.

Life sometimes is too short to hold material things. ;)

If I have something to spend then I will spend it with my loved ones. :wub:

Keep that vintage watch, you never know when your going to need it.

I thought the current fad was Chronometers!!! :huh:

Yes they are. Never been a fan of fads. Mine is a regular 'ol swiss automatic watch given to me by my grandad. I interchange it between my vintage pocket-watches as well. It's like a rotation thing. And really, I doubt that this new-tech thing would go very well with my vests. xD

I'm not anal about the watches that I wear. Coincidentally, right through my life - I've been wearing some of the most trendiest ones (thanks to generous gifts.)

Wish those gifts were computers, instead. :P

Archived