Mouse problem

Valette

I brought this MTEK GAMING Xtreme mouse and when i plugged into the usb port nothing happened so i tried to connect it using "ADD HARDWARE" and it finally worked however now i have 2 entries under "Mice and other pointing devices", both "HID - compliant mouse", my question is, could it generate some sort of conflict? How do i change it so there will be only one entry?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could try this, disable one(using your keyboard, for practice) and check if your mouse still works, if it does, you can remove it, if it doesn't you should turn it back on and try the other one :P

No worries! one of the installed items is default driver, the other is not M$ digitally certified ones/slightly faulty... in future u might wanna try Driver Max (carefully) to update few drivers (or all if u wish) until "problem" will disappear...

Thanks shought, worked. I was afraid to disable it and be unable to put it working using the keyboard afterwards.

Thanks Atasas :P

Ive seen problem with USB hub, sometimes comp/hub cant route the stuff properlly. Next time test directly in your comp first to see if it work perfectly before using your Hub.

Glad it worked out, I had a similar problem, but when I removed one it got fucked up, and I had to reinstall, if I removed the other it did the same, but if I first unplugged my mouse and then removed the right one it worked :P Hoped it wouldn't be that difficult in this case ;)

Archived