Windows 8 Safety Remove Hardware bug after Registry Cleanup

insanedown58

insanedown58

I got this weird bug after doing a registry clean to enable Windows Defender. I cleaned my registry with CCleaner and deleted some keys related to my past antivirus installations which were Comodo, Eset and Avast. I also deleted some keys related to other obsolete or non-existent applications and some corrupted keys from AutoPlay.

Here's a picture:

KLzj2GK.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Views 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you rebooted, yet - it should get reset (just give the system for a couple of minutes after it boots.)

insanedown58

Have you rebooted, yet - it should get reset (just give the system for a couple of minutes after it boots.)

Well.. its been there for 2 days LOL.

You can try the following:-

01.) Navigate to device Manager >>----> (expand) Disk drives >>----> (right-click) Multi-card USB Device >>----> Disable (don't use Uninstall option.) >>----> Reboot.

Edit:

Alternatively, you can also accomplish this by unplugging the memory card reader plugged into the Express Card slot.

insanedown58

01.) Navigate to device Manager >>----> (expand) Disk drives >>----> (right-click) Multi-card USB Device >>----> Disable (don't use Uninstall option.) >>----> Reboot.

Edit:

Alternatively, you can also accomplish this by unplugging the memory card reader plugged into the Express Card slot.

Well the thing is, there isn't any "removable media" in the drive right now. There isn't a card reader since this isn't a laptop nor a modern desktop.

Edit:

Well the thing is, there isn't any "removable media" in the drive right now. There isn't a card reader since this isn't a laptop nor a modern desktop.

I suggest you still check in your Device Manager and report back. ;)

insanedown58

Edit:

I suggest you still check in your Device Manager and report back. ;)

Yup negative. All I get are my USB Port Drivers and a USB Root Hub which I installed.

Archived