[Solved] How to use or change themes in windows 7 sp1 Ultimate

truemate

hello friendz,

i have downloaded some themes from Microsot site .. Eg- "SugarAndSpice.themepack" .... but how to use it ?
do i need some theme patch ! To use even microsoft themes ?

i have used that UltraUXTheme Patcher but still it wont works on direct double clicking on .themes files.. (so i uninstall it)

downloaded from here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/sugar-and-spice-download-theme

after double click on it this message comes

3337209.png

i chosen shell.32.dll

3329017.png

but nothing happen..

then again i follow these steps and this time i checked box- "always use the selected program to open this kind of file"

then this mess pop-up on wheneverz double click .theme files

fctheb.png

i come to know on just double click the .theme files (downloaded from MS site) works..

but it's not happening for me

Me on win7 sp1 ultimate

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official windows themes don't need the uxdll patched. Just place the downloaded theme (from microsoft) in.......

C:\Windows\resources\Themes

Ahh, you need to reverse this step you took....."always use the selected program to open this kind of file".....I'm not sure how to do that but someone else here will advise you :)

Quick step ( No need patcher just simple way )

*. Double click .themepack to install it

C:\Users\User-Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes folder.

You will notice now this " SugarAndSpice.themepack " your current theme and has been added. To change, right click anywhere on your desktop then click "Personalize".

Official windows themes don't need the uxdll patched. Just place the downloaded theme (from microsoft) in.......

C:\Windows\resources\Themes

Ahh, you need to reverse this step you took....."always use the selected program to open this kind of file".....I'm not sure how to do that but someone else here will advise you :)

i have done that too , placed in that theme folder but nothing happens

i done this method even before useing that step - "always use the selected program to open this kind of file"

Me on win7 sp1 ultimate

x64 or x86/x32?

on 32bit

Quick step ( No need patcher just simple way )

*. Double click .themepack to install it

C:\Users\User-Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes folder.

You will notice now this " SugarAndSpice.themepack " your current theme and has been added. To change, right click anywhere on your desktop then click "Personalize".

as in first post i said by double click nothing happens...

so i copy paste this theme in that AppData.../theme folder.

but nothing happens nor i have able to see this theme in the personalize

x64 or x86/x32?

Me on win7 sp1 ultimate

on 32bit

Are you sure that the theme file you've downloaded from M$ is for 32 bit?

x64 or x86/x32?

Me on win7 sp1 ultimate

on 32bit

do 32/64 bit have different theme ? i have never heard like that !

The link what i have given in 1st post abt the MS theme page..it dosn't mention abt 32 or 64 bit

@ truemate

You might possibly find a better theme at the first link of my signature. 8)

Thanks ,

but point is not about the better theme. it about why not able to use MS original theme's :/

01.) Use RegEdit to navigate to the following key:-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.themepack]

02.) Delete the UserChoice sub-key

03.) Reboot

04.) Try installing the ThemePack.

x64 or x86/x32?

Me on win7 sp1 ultimate

on 32bit

do 32/64 bit have different theme ? i have never heard like that !

The link what i have given in 1st post abt the MS theme page..it dosn't mention abt 32 or 64 bit

I guess, they do depend on the architecture. You better be sure of. Anyway, the guy dcs18 is master in UI related things. Try his registry idea and stick to him for any future UI related conflicts.

ok rudrax lets see do anyone able to solve this :(

and thanks for your afford

01.) Use RegEdit to navigate to the following key:-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.themepack]

02.) Delete the UserChoice sub-key

03.) Reboot

04.) Try installing the ThemePack.

userchoice ? wherz that ?

rs4m0x.png

i deleted whole registry of themepack ..rebooted still on double click to .theme file ,that same mess pop-up "its not a valid 32 application"

Have you tried downloading the themepack again?......It may be the installer became corrupted during the download.

i deleted whole registry of themepack ..rebooted still on double click to .theme file ,that same mess pop-up "its not a valid 32 application"

Since you've done that - you'd better download ThemePack.zip from the following file, unZip it and before running the content - ThemePack.reg to import it completely into your registry by clicking Yes each time you're asked to:-

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yb6ex0koyrxs1dr

Edit:

Did someone not tell you that you are the next Holocaust? :sneaky:

I'm too running on win 7 ult. 32 bit but there is no .themepack entry in the location specified. This may be because I have already patched the system files with Theme resource changer.

I'm too running on win 7 ult. 32 bit but there is no .themepack entry in the location specified.

That entry gets registered only when one has attempted to install a ThemePack, at least once.

Since you've done that - you'd better download ThemePack.zip from the following file, unZip it and before running the content - ThemePack.reg to import it completely into your registry by clicking Yes each time you're asked to:-

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yb6ex0koyrxs1dr

Edit:

Did someone not tell you that you are the next Holocaust? :sneaky:

WOOOooooo

mate you done it.... i just used urs reg file and after that all those MS .themes files are working perfectly..on just doubleclick.

When i click on it,, its shows unzipping file process and then the theme get installed

yepeee

now the .theme files (icon) looking like this

28gz2nc.png

and those theme files getting installed here

C:\Users\........AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes folder.

its rightly said u master in UI related things :cheers:

btw, wat was the reason behind this,that i was not able to install the ms theme ?

btw, wat was the reason behind this,that i was not able to install the ms theme ?

Your system lost the file association for the extension format .ThemePack - glad to see you're issue is resolved. ;)

• Administrator

Thread marked solved. :)

Your system lost the file association for the extension format .ThemePack - glad to see you're issue is resolved. ;)

may be b'cuse of some registry tool

Archived