Files deleted from Ext Hard Drive not going to Recylce bin

alienvi

Need help!

I'm in Windows 8.

The files deleted from my external hard disk are not going to recycle bin but are permanently deleted.

How to make files deleted from an external hard disk to go to recycle bin???

Related Question 2:

When I enable show hidden files/folders incl OS..., I see recycle bin and its size is around 12 GB, unable to view the files.

How to make them visible in recycle bin???

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Right-click your Recycle Bin and select “Properties.”
  2. Locate the external drive on which you want to disable/enable the Recycle Bin and select it.
  3. Click the “Don’t Move Files to the Recycle Bin. Remove Files Immediately When Deleted” to disable or / "Set Custom Size" and set a size to enable . Click “OK” to save your settings.

1. Right-click your Recycle Bin and select “Properties.”
  2. Locate the external drive on which you want to disable/enable the Recycle Bin and select it.
  3. Click the “Don’t Move Files to the Recycle Bin. Remove Files Immediately When Deleted” to disable or / "Set Custom Size" and set a size to enable . Click “OK” to save your settings.

good answer :) .. better if custom file set to default and if you delete any large file , it will permanent deleted and not going to recycle bin

• If you can't find the deleted files from the external HDD in the recycle bin when the HDD is still connected, then in the recycle bin's property, the highlighted option in the image below, may found selected. Select your HDD and uncheck the option to get the files back next time when you delete files.

Capture.png

• If you can't find the deleted files from the external HDD in the recycle bin when the HDD is disconnected, reconnect the HDD to get them in recycle bin.

• Administrator

Recuva will still work in this case I think.

Archived