Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. Sony Xperia Z

mazigh

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not a three way with the htc one? I am still waiting for mine to arrive, can't wait. For me the extra specs you get with the SGS4 don't way up to the extra experience HTC Sense gives you.

Xperia Z Will smash S4 :showoff:

It will be my next phone :wub:

PurplebeanZ

Clearly the S4 here! Only an idiot would buy a Sony

RadioActive

Xperia Z Will smash S4 :showoff:

I don't know in what world would that statement be true but it's definitly false for this world. In other words, dream on!

I'm not fond of the S4 but it's definitly superior to the Xperia Z which is IMO is rather overhyped (the Xperia Z that is).

That word idiot ! thanks anyway

Entropy512 one of the big samsung developers over at xda's will go for the experia z because although the hardware of the experia is slightly less, sony do a very good job at optimizing software, unlike samsung, so sony devices tend to have a smoother experience than samsung

I am going for neither btw, I am going for pure beauty (but still a monster beneath the skin) the htc one

edit: read that thread or at least post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36966268#post36966268

Hi Bro, I don't think that the 'idiot" word was addressed to you personally , BTW Xperia Z is a solid phone but the review say it clearly, S4 have better CPU, better GPU, and better Camera, what I find better in Xperia is Dust/water proof, and Radio (As I like Radio), Salam :rolleyes:

Hi Bro, I don't think that the 'idiot" word was addressed to you personally , BTW Xperia Z is a solid phone but the review say it clearly, S4 have better CPU, better GPU, and better Camera, what I find better in Xperia is Dust/water proof, and Radio (As I like Radio), Salam :rolleyes:

Yeah, and I am a fan of Bravia engine. Also, I would buy the xperia Z instead of S4. The power that s4 possess is overkill. The xperia z has better build quality and superior look.

• 2 weeks later...
LimitedEdition

The Z is much more attractive than the S4, but the S4 has much more advanced features. I’ll surely take the Z.

The reason I'd prefer Xperia Z over S4 has to do with the fact that Sony is the only OEM that offers the choice between using the Sony Bravia UI & AOSP (Pure Android) experience. No other OEM does that.

• Administrator

The reason I'd prefer Xperia Z over S4 has to do with the fact that Sony is the only OEM that offers the choice between using the Sony Bravia UI & AOSP (Pure Android) experience. No other OEM does that.

That's news to me.

When did they start doing this?

That's news to me.

When did they start doing this?

They started this recently. Released the first AOSP ROM for Xperia S last year and now they released it for the Xperia Z. Its still not complete but they're working on it.

• Administrator

Nice, good to hear that. :)

Me thinks, even HTC should or will probably do that.

Nice, good to hear that. :)

Me thinks, even HTC should or will probably do that.

It'd be awesome if HTC would do the same but its very unlikely..

Oddly enough, I'm looking to purchase a sim free version if either the SG4, HTC One or the Nexus 4, struggling to come to a conclusion.

I currently run a wildfire on cm7.

Oddly enough, I'm looking to purchase a sim free version if either the SG4, HTC One or the Nexus 4, struggling to come to a conclusion.

I currently run a wildfire on cm7.

Well if you like CyanogenMod, you should go with Nexus 4. Other alternatives would be HTC One & Galaxy SIV (Snapdragon 600) - Exynos is very developer unfriendly.

• Administrator

UK customers would be getting the Snapdragon 600 S4 I believe.

And I wouldn't recommend Nexus 4 for it being almost 6 months old. :P

Archived