DOS Question

ROMANTICGUY50

ROMANTICGUY50

I have Windows 7 64 bit computer I type cmd for command and type pin to ping the IP address. I get an error message that says 4 sent 4 lost and then it times out. I typed www.comcast.net and a number of other IP address and got the same error message. But when I go to my browser and type in the IP address it comes right up. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem.? Thanks/

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I have Windows 7 64 bit computer I type cmd for command and type pin to ping the IP address. I get an error message that says 4 sent 4 lost and then it times out. I typed www.comcast.net and a number of other IP address and got the same error message. But when I go to my browser and type in the IP address it comes right up. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem.? Thanks/

Which IPs are you trying to ping?

I pinged comcast.net's IPs (124.40.41.85 & 124.40.41.62) and both pinged fine here.

Simple test, ping: 192.168.1.1 (or your router's IP) or 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS IP).

ROMANTICGUY50

I don't have a problem when t I go to a website. Its when I go into DOS and type ping is when I get the error message and I am wondering why it could be happening. A friend of mine has the came computer and and same internet and.had no problem.. When I went to download files from my website with filezilla I could not get it to connect and I tried FXP trail I was able to. I just wonder what the problem is and if it can be fixed if it is with dos

• Administrator

I don't have a problem when t I go to a website. Its when I go into DOS and type ping is when I get the error message and I am wondering why it could be happening. A friend of mine has the came computer and and same internet and.had no problem.. When I went to download files from my website with filezilla I could not get it to connect and I tried FXP trail I was able to. I just wonder what the problem is and if it can be fixed if it is with dos

1. CMD is not technically DOS.

2. Did you try pinging the IPs I had mentioned? :)

3. A software might be blocking you from pinging, particularly, softwares that either restrict your user rights or Peerblock like.

Archived