Tutorial: Installing Windows Blue (Build 9364) in Virtualbox

insanedown58

insanedown58

In this I will teach you how to install Windows Blue in Virtualbox Version 4.2.10

Step 1: Setting up the Virtual Machine

In this one choose any Microsoft Operating System. I used Windows 8 and I recommend you do too as it the most appropriate. Do take note that no Shared Folders or 3D Acceleration will be usable because Virtualbox Guest Additions will NOT install in Windows Blue. Also, do not modify any of the settings because it may cause instability so better stay on defaults.

Step 2: Installing Windows Blue

The installation will be 100% similar to Windows 8 except for some massive speed-ups and cosmetic changes. I have noticed that Windows Blue's installer was noticeably faster from the first boot screen to the actual install. Not everyone might experience this but when Windows Blue "restarts", Virtualbox may crash but don't panic, just restart Virtualbox like normal and voila! installation is back on track. Virtualbox crashed twice (Completing Installation part and the Getting Devices Ready part which for some reason asked for a restart) so don't be shocked or redo everything when VBox crashes.

Step 3: Set-up Windows Blue

This part is pretty self-explanatory. Set it up the way you like. Now in this you will notice that there are parts where there is a huge green box around the form. I think its a UI bug so again, don't freak out. It will setup the apps and all that jazz and its going to drop you to the Windows Blue Start Screen

Step 4: Enjoy/Test/Evaluate Windows Blue

You won't have to activate Blue because its not for sale yet and there are no keys for it anyways. But if you're bugged out by an Activate Windows thing in the Action Center, you can use the Windows 8 Activation schemes (KMS only) to activate.

SUMMARY:

Leave everything default but if you want, try some settings out and see if it will work properly.

NOTE:

Virtualbox Guest Additions will NOT work in Windows Blue

and.....

This was written in Windows Blue :lol:

EDIT: I forgot the most important thing when installing Windows Blue, you must have VT-X or AMD-V to install Windows 8 or Windows Blue regardless of the "bit" (32-Bit or 64-Bit)

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to find a HowTo for VmWare which would show how to properly capture an image from VmWare and make it to install.wim, I know I have to make it to somekind of mode before entering my Windows username, I'm not sure how that works.

Not wishing to sound harsh here, but I don't quite see how this is a tutorial, you've not given steps from installing the VM environment, supplied links to any software required or a step by step of anything.

I'd consider renaming the thread to something more of a guide on what to expect when installing blue into a VM environment.

The reason I say this, is because I'm curious on installing VM and mounting and OS. I've managed it once or twice, via random button pressing :) . I was expecting to find a step by step guide, listing links to software required, how to setup the OS, maybe even screen shots, that in my opinion is a tutorial.

Regards

Dodel.

Archived