What OS do you use as of MARCH 2013

insanedown58

101 members have voted

1. 1. What OS do you use as of MARCH 2013?

• Windows 7
    • Windows 8
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Mac OS X
    • Linux Distributions (ie: Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, Debian)

insanedown58

I know that a previous version(s) is available (November 2012) but I want an update to that.

• Replies 34
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
insanedown58

you need to add vista, some member still use it

Ah yes my bad. I felt that there was something missing and Vista was it. Thanks for reminding

Tried very hard to adopt to Ubuntu 12.10 but failed :\ Stuck with Windows 7.

• Administrator

Windows 7 was, is, and will remain the king of OS. Anything else is destined to disappoint the users. :)

Windows 7 was, is, and will remain the king of OS. Anything else is destined to disappoint the users. :)

Windows 7 is great no doubt, but I tried (unsuccessfully) to adopt to Linux.

• Administrator

Windows 7 is great no doubt, but I tried (unsuccessfully) to adopt to Linux.

If you don't plan to move on to Windows, then adapting Linux right away might not be right choice. I'd advice you to just keep trying different distros, then, after couple of years, you can give it a proper go.

You yourself say the last pole is Nov 2012 ,

so that is what about 3 or 4 months old !

What do you expect to change in these few days !

Atleast , not that significant a change which is capable of affecting the already available statistics .... ;)

Remember , the people in general resist change . Its not the basic of human instincts to accept it in the first place . Be it regards their home , job , dog or an OS for that reason , .... ;)

Airstream_Bill

Windows 7 & Win XP ,

insanedown58

I appreciate how Ubuntu is when it comes to new users but Windows 7 will always be king.... For now.

• 2 weeks later...

win 7 mainly and win xp on my old pc, :)

Have been using both - Windows 8 and Windows 7, as well on 2 similar systems and have been trying very hard to get disappointed with the Emperor, Windows 8 - have not succeeded, though. :dunno:

On the contrary, have been brain-storming my Principals to permit me officially to format my second (company provided) Windows 7 system - with Windows 8.

Sorry to disappoint you. :(

darkroze_161

windows xp and windows 7 :wub:

for windows 8, unless some the flaws has been corrected.. it would be great...

windows xp on my desktop, windows 8 on my laptop, and Kali linux installed on my external hdd, normally used in laptop.. :D

• Administrator

Have been using both - Windows 8 and Windows 7, as well on 2 similar systems and have been trying very hard to get disappointed with the Emperor, Windows 8 - have not succeeded, though. :dunno:

On the contrary, have been brain-storming my Principals to permit me officially to format my second (company provided) Windows 7 system - with Windows 8.

Sorry to disappoint you. :(

You are a bit different. :P Also, except some, Windows 8 (vanilla, I must note) has disappointed many.

And most important, I was talking on Linux's context. ;)

Well, here's is another battlefield for 7 & 8. So, all the participants raise your hands.

My take on the Windows 7 v/s Windows 8 choice is very simple - you either accept obediently what Microsoft decides for you or you create and innovate as per your own free will. Those who accept unconditionally; what Microsoft dictate - even if the choice is Windows 8 are in my eyes just Lackeys (ah, got a new word for my Disclaimer.)

Others who want to show the finger to Microsoft will mix-n-match. For example I find Windows 7 to be best looker limited by a saturated performance whereas Windows 8 is a ugly mother of a kernel with a great tweaking potential which is forward compatible.

Coming back to my take; I enjoy the best of both worlds - the ravishing looks of Windows 7 and the path-breaking performance of Windows 8. BTW, Windows 8 is quite transitory (for me) I'm on my way to greener pastures.

I employ Windows as; everything else other than what Microsoft had intended it to be. The pleasure that I derive from my work is a reward that has germinated purely from my own choice, capability & initiative - not because fuck!ng Microsoft tells me to.

Those who have the kind of idle time to spawn a 7 v/s 8 - go right ahead, be my guest (you will no longer find me joining this debate.) Some of you guys wasted your precious time in yeomen service - rendering each other a hand job even as I kept warning you that I would destruct those performance tutorials.

I still rock win 7 x64 pro on my main pc,

but around the house 2 vista laptops

1 server2008/debian server

• 1 month later...

Windows 7 for my main pc.

But also Jellybean for my HTC Evo lte. I use it as much as my main pc. At home and away.

• 4 weeks later...
LazyPotato

XP & 7 -- Basically,Windows XP is my second-main PC,I use Windows XP for regular browsing (with same security config as my main OS) and use Windows 7 for banking/shopping.

Archived