eMule Servers - Look Suspect

Samurai

Anybody else seen these servers before?

suspectservers3sl.png

I just loaded up eMule and was staring at these servers...

I remember the "All your bases belong to us" crap that happened a while back, and I'm wondering if it's something similar? :lol:

• Replies 11
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I done a WhoIS on all 3 IP addresses and it appears they're from the Netherlands. Am I being over cautious here?

that look VERY suspect to me, i wouldn't even have em on my list cause i think your client pings them every now and again :lol:

i wonder wtf they are tho? :lol:

• Administrator

There are quite some "suspect" servers out there - its always good to look at your list before attempting to connect to a single server.

There are quite some "suspect" servers out there - its always good to look at your list before attempting to connect to a single server.

I just connect to razorback 2 all the time...is that Ok or am i missing something when i do that????

The current version of the eserver is 17.3. Server operators should upgrade their server to this last version: We live in a hostile world...

It is currently available for linux, windows, and several Unixes.

Many thanks to bluecow, from emule dev team for the work done together:

eMule0.30b uses the new server protocol (zlib, jumbo UDP frames).

eMule0.30d groups several GetSources on one TCP message.

eMule0.42e uses the 'complete' feature of 16.45

eMule0.44a is Unicode ready.

Thats from http://lugdunum2k.free.fr/kiten.html . It appears that Lugdunum has eserver kits. Soooooo... Either its just some people from the Neatherlands starting up some eservers, or those damn Neatherians are trying to take over the world...

Also since we're on the topic of Lugdunum, it also appears to be the following:

A Roman City.

Lugdunum

Colonia Copia Claudia Augusta Lugdunum (modern: Lyon) was an important Roman city in Gaul. It was founded in 43 BC by L. Munatius Plancus, served as the capital of the Roman Province Gallia Lugdunensis and was for 300 years the most important city in north-western Europe.

The city was situated west of the confluence of the Rhone and Saone, on the Fourviere heights.

History

After the founding of the city it soon became the centre for much of Roman Gaul and Germany. In 10 BC the future Emperor Claudius was born there. The imperial mint established a branch in the city and its large and cosmopolitan population made it the commercial and financial heart of the provinces. In 177 its Christian community suffered one of the earliest persecutions.

After 250 Roman attention shifted to the Rhine frontier and Lugdunum lost its prominence to Trier. However, after the demise of the Roman Empire the city became the centre of the Burgundian kingdom.

lyonmdzc.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugdunum

An exporting company

Lugdunum Export cc - International importers and exporters of foodstuffs, clothing and more...

Imports and exports of uniforms, industrial clothing, meat, fish, fruit, canned goods by land, sea or air to or from South Africa.

ttltext.gif

http://www.lugdunum.co.za/

A level for some game

Greetings, and welcome to Lugdunum. This town is notorious for being the scourge of a governor's career, and many governors have ended their careers here. This city presents you with many new and extremely cumbersome challenges, so I hope that you will be able to cope with them. You have a northern province, wolves, a native village---and a really bizarre landscape that looks like some offshoot of a Salvador Dali painting.

0a7c8e60.gif

http://members.fortunecity.com/paultheo/id30.htm

Some guy on a forum

lugdunummaster

Apr 1 2005, 06:53 AM

The sad thing about the above examples is that neither 1 gets corrected automatically. Rehash does not help. Click on file details and the wrong size is shown there too. No indication that the size or name might be wrong. Both have more than 10 sources. This is an exploit waiting to happen. The name, and, in particular, the file size should be cross-checked with the sources.

respekt.gif

Hint : eserver 17.3 has special support for handling size mismatches.

Those functions are already used by some clients, next emule version is expected to support them as well.

Other hint :

http://stats.razorback2.com/ed2khistory?ed...C3BD3C02E507939

You will see that the size of the first file you mention is 6082098 bytes

http://forum.emule-project.net/lofiversion...php/t75441.html

A wierd Netherlands website

Welkom op de site van L.v.v. Lugdunum

“Lugdunum prestatief en facilitair op koers’’

,,Lugdunum ligt op koers. De samenwerking met LSVV´70, de totstandkoming van het grote en het kleine kunstgrasveld (met de betegeling daaromheen), de activiteiten voor de jeugd (Feyenoord - RBC) zijn prestaties van formaat. Een uitweiding...

,,Lugdunum viert dit seizoen haar 85-jarig jubileum. Het lustrum werd gepast aangevangen: zo werd op 21 mei 2004 ons nieuwe kunstgrasveld officieel geopend. Een uniek project omdat de totale oppervlakte bestaat uit een gecombineerd voetbal –en honkbalveld, alles geheel voorzien van rubber ingestrooid kunstgras. Lugdunum heeft verder elk veld voorzien van een lichtinstallatie. Daarmee is de ontwikkeling van ons sportpark zo goed als gerealiseerd. We kunnen trots zijn op ons sportpark. Het heeft bloed, zweet en tranen gekost, maar ons multifunctionele sportpark behoort nu zeker tot de mooiste van de regio. En dat roep ik niet alleen. Zelfs in de media spreekt men likkebaardend over ons complex. Met ons accommodatiebeleid lopen we voorop, daar mag je als Lugdunummer trots op zijn."

,,Het mini-kunstgrasveld, en de betegeling daaromheen, voor de kantine is gerealiseerd, een knap staaltje werk! Daarnaast moeten we nog de kleedkamers, liggend aan het kunstgrasveld, opknappen. Hiervoor zijn gesprekken met de gemeente gaande. Bij het sluiten van de viering van ons 85-jarig bestaan zal ons sportpark zo goed als gerealiseerd zijn."

,,We mogen ook trots zijn op onze sportieve prestaties. Zo heeft de Zondag 1 reeds een periodetitel op zak en strijdt het nog steeds om directe promotie. De nominaties die Marvin Bok en Marco Vink in de wacht hebben gesleept voor de verkiezing van respectievelijk de beste Leidse speler en de beste Leidse talentvolle jongeling van het seizoen 2003/2004 spreken voor zich. Mede dankzij het goede trainerswerk van onze keeperstrainer Wim Eradus kon Marco Vink tot zulke prestaties komen. En Jeroen Brussee, als trainer een motivator pur sang, heeft Marvin Bok tot grote hoogte gestuwd. Het is duidelijk, Lugdunum blijft goede voetballers voortbrengen. Het is afwachten wanneer de winnaars van het Leids Voetbal Gala bekend worden gemaakt, maar als ik mijn geld erop moest zetten dan wist ik het wel."

,,Op het sportieve vlak heeft Lugdunum een inmiddels berucht bewust beleid: de club kiest niet voor de zaterdag dan wel de zondagtak. Dat betekent dat faciliteiten naar evenredigheid over de zaterdag en de zondag worden verdeeld. De zondag speelt 4e klasse en de zaterdag 3e klasse. De zaterdag speelt dus een klasse hoger. Zowel de selectie van de zondag als de zaterdag bestaat uit 2 selectie-elftallen. Dit jaar wordt geprobeerd om een doorstart te maken met het tweede elftal van de zaterdag. Dat betekent dat we moeten proberen de zaterdagafdeling kwantitatief sterker te maken. Zowel de zaterdag als de zondag ondergaat een goede ontwikkeling. De dragende oudere jongens geven dit seizoen al voor een gedeelte het stokje over aan hun talentvolle opvolgers."

,,Voor beide standaardteams is promotie het doel. Lugdunum hoort als vereniging namelijk structureel op tweede klasse niveau te spelen. Dat betekent overigens niet dat er dit seizoen van de trainers Ronald Rosdorff en Hennie de Klerk kampioenschappen worden geëist. Natuurlijk willen we sportief het hoogste. Onze accommodatie is hoofdklassenwaardig. En dat hebben we zelf kunnen bekostigen, mede zonder het betalen van spelers. De opdracht voor de trainers Ronald Rosdorff en Hennie de Klerk is dat ze het komend seizoen gebruiken om voor de toekomst een goede basis neer te leggen voor een structurele terugkeer naar de 2e klasse op zowel de zaterdag als de zondag. Dit plan hebben we 2 seizoenen geleden geïnitieerd en we streven naar een voltooiing daarvan binnen een tijdbestek van 5 jaar."

bestuur2004-2005.jpg

http://www.lugdunum.nl/default.cfm

I hope this information is usefull in solving this mystery. If not then we could always just nuke em. :D

thats a shit load of information and the main portion is not even english. :D

thats a shit load of information and the main portion is not even english.  ;)

yah I know... Thats why is said it was a wierd Netherlands web site. :D Them and thier crazy made up language. ;)

Archived