FLAC Music Download ?

J.C

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P2P is smart because of download resuming which your not gonna get unless you use premium file lockers etc

what is gonna provide the the best and fastest ? and what has the best variety ? What do you want ?

for example i know of a dozen communities i'm registered at just for heavy metal music downloads.

the best overall i would vote for many reasons too many to list (i'm lazy)

and that is Rutracker.org

But if you don't speak russian i suggest navigating that site with Google Chrome with Auto-Translate enabled..

Now a days though 99% of my downloads come free a http site with file locker downloads (i have an RSS feed on my FF homepage)

and that is for MP3's though and only Metal music and related genre's.

I quit grabbing flac rips when i filled a 1 terabyte hard drive and figured screw it lol

Oh and there is a BIG difference between Flac junk and Flac proper

get pretty much any Flac rip at TPB for example and that is Garbage..

get the same thing at rutrcker etc and that is PROPER (with verified logs etc)

If you don' care whether the rip is verified or not that may change how you decide to search for albums.

I've seen plenty of fake flac rips bye the way (mp3's transcoded to flac)

I'm an admin of sorts over at Discogs for years and have contributed TONS of albums to that database so i do know a lot about this stuff ;)

He could be on one of them ISPs who use the "Six Strikes" so therefore I'd recommend Usenet/Newsgroups

The main group u would want to subscribe to would be "alt.binaries.sounds.flac"

Captain Blood

Hi,

bitsnoop.com is a p2p torrent meta search engine; A good entry point IMHO.

Thanks for your attention.

Thanks.

I knew rutracker and tehparadox, they are really good. I prefer Direct Download because I use premium link generator, download at full speed always...

Another good site is BTScene.

----

@xpmule: I want to download eletronic, trance, dance music, like "Monstercat", "UKF", "Nero", "Armin van Burren", and so on. And I test/check the FLAC quality, I don't want fake flac. :unsure:

FLAC is as the abbrev goes -- Lossless Music .

Meaning no compression and thus no loss .

MP3 , the ever so ubiquitous digital format uses compression and thus is a Lossy format .

So , as per the theoretical parameters it should result in loss of musical quality .

Thats correct .

BUT, not always .

When is it so ?

In case of properly ripped 320 Kbps CBR MP3's .

There is hardly any ( almost nil ..! ) difference b/w a FLAC and 320 Kbps MP3 . ;)

Even if there is , you need a trained ear and Audiophile grade equipment to feel it .

Dont believe it ...

Simply take any of your FLAC and rip it to 320Kbps MP3 in foobar and do an ABX test on it ! :)

This holds only for properly ripped HQ MP3's , or else nothing .....

So , going for FLACs is thus more of a personal taste . How you like your music collection .

Either ways , finding properly ripped FLACs and HQ MP3 is not an easy job , unless you are on a private tracker .

Plenty of releases on Public torrent sites and File Lockers . So either go for a verified uploader ( there are some on public sites who consistently release good stuff ) or just learn to verify the quality of the d/l yourself ! ;)

As fellow members have already pointed out some good options , some more --

Avax.com

Not a d/l site , but i usually check out this site for Electronic music -- http://www.di.fm/

FLAC is as the abbrev goes -- Lossless Music .

Meaning no compression and thus no loss .

MP3 , the ever so ubiquitous digital format uses compression and thus is a Lossy format .

So , as per the theoretical parameters it should result in loss of musical quality .

Thats correct .

BUT, not always .

When is it so ?

In case of properly ripped 320 Kbps CBR MP3's .

There is hardly any ( almost nil ..! ) difference b/w a FLAC and 320 Kbps MP3 . ;)

Even if there is , you need a trained ear and Audiophile grade equipment to feel it .

Dont believe it ...

Simply take any of your FLAC and rip it to 320Kbps MP3 in foobar and do an ABX test on it ! :)

This holds only for properly ripped HQ MP3's , or else nothing .....

So , going for FLACs is thus more of a personal taste . How you like your music collection .

Either ways , finding properly ripped FLACs and HQ MP3 is not an easy job , unless you are on a private tracker .

Plenty of releases on Public torrent sites and File Lockers . So either go for a verified uploader ( there are some on public sites who consistently release good stuff ) or just learn to verify the quality of the d/l yourself ! ;)

As fellow members have already pointed out some good options , some more --

Avax.com

Not a d/l site , but i usually check out this site for Electronic music -- http://www.di.fm/

I've already downloaded plenty of flac musics, and tested them (I always test, no matter if the uploader is verified or not). But there is always one or two albuns who f#ck my life. :P

Yeah, I did the ABX Test, Blind Test, and I can fell the difference between Orginal MP3 320Kbps and Original FLAC (precisely in the beginning and loud parts of the music).

I agree with everyone here lol

Bitsnoop is handy and because MP3 320 CBR is so close to Flac i chose to ditch the idea of getting flac's

and yeah i can tell the difference a surprisingly large amount of the time.. i got a free plugin for Foobar called "abx"

and it can test you and the results clear.. either you can tell the difference or you don't there is no grey area (so the results are not debatable)

Funny you mentioned premium link's because yesterday i had given up on them.. more and more the links stop part way and i have to start over

OR i have a bitch of a time just trying to get one in the first place for example Vinaleech sometimes has no one there and everyone is just getting ignored.

I think the problem is with Vinaleech anyway is they started giving people cache'd links and these cache's work like crap !

and when it comes to data integrity if your download gets corrupted you may not even notice until you listen to track 9 or read a text file etc..

Such as the UltraEdit download i got corrupt yesterday.. it gave a cryptic error message during install and i hex compared the re-download and found it was corrupt.

So P2P may suck BUT at least you get a higher level data integrity than other methods !

and yeah the 6 strikes thing is a good point that is why i was poking this guy for what EXACTLY does he want..

the more you can narrow down what your after the more useful the replies can be..

Anyone saying mp3 sounds the same as flac obviously doesn't have a very good player or cans,if i stick a flac rip and a 320 mp3 rip of the same file on to my cowon player the difference between the two is noticeable,if i do the same thing to one of my old ipods the difference is negligible so if you have decent audio equipment always go for the flac rip.

Oh and burn a flac album and a 320 mp3 album and play them both then tell me there is no difference,you don't even need a good hifi to notice the difference.

Try finding the difference between 16-bit flac and 24bit flac,good luck with that. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Archived