Jump to content

Bombers Hit Bali Again


Samurai

Recommended Posts

balia5wg.jpg

balib0ue.gif

At least 22 people have been killed in bomb attacks on the popular tourist island of Bali.

Explosions have been confirmed in Jimbaran beach and the Kuta area, where 202 people died in terrorist bombings nearly three years ago.

Reports say as many as 100 people may have been injured.

A senior Bali police official said the blasts were caused by two bombs.

Indonesian police say cafes were hit.

The Foreign Office says one Briton has been slightly hurt - there are no reports of British deaths.

People worried about relatives and friends can call the Foreign Office emergency number: 0207 008 8765.

The blasts happened within moments of each other at around 2000 local time - noon in the UK. The resorts are around 20 miles apart.

Britain is sending an emergency deployment team from Hong Kong and supplementing this with staff from London.

The Foreign Office confirmed that an international rugby team, with some British members, was safe as well as a large volunteer operation, also with some British workers.

Maj Gen Ansyaad Mbai, a top Indonesian police anti-terrorism official, said the blasts were "clearly the work of terrorists".

Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who condemned the "criminal act", said he had been warned that terrorists were planning an attack.

Almost exactly three years ago - on October 12, 2002 - terrorists killed 202 people from 21 countries with two bombs in Kuta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
balia5wg.jpg

balib0ue.gif

At least 22 people have been killed in bomb attacks on the popular tourist island of Bali.

Explosions have been confirmed in Jimbaran beach and the Kuta area, where 202 people died in terrorist bombings nearly three years ago.

Reports say as many as 100 people may have been injured.

A senior Bali police official said the blasts were caused by two bombs.

Indonesian police say cafes were hit.

The Foreign Office says one Briton has been slightly hurt - there are no reports of British deaths.

People worried about relatives and friends can call the Foreign Office emergency number: 0207 008 8765.

The blasts happened within moments of each other at around 2000 local time - noon in the UK. The resorts are around 20 miles apart.

Britain is sending an emergency deployment team from Hong Kong and supplementing this with staff from London.

The Foreign Office confirmed that an international rugby team, with some British members, was safe as well as a large volunteer operation, also with some British workers.

Maj Gen Ansyaad Mbai, a top Indonesian police anti-terrorism official, said the blasts were "clearly the work of terrorists".

Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who condemned the "criminal act", said he had been warned that terrorists were planning an attack.

Almost exactly three years ago - on October 12, 2002 - terrorists killed 202 people from 21 countries with two bombs in Kuta.

i hate to be that austrain terrorist detainee that is about to be release to his home country. did they say if any down under people die this time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I heard on the news a few hours ago, that one Aussie was confirmed dead and 2 are being transported back to Australia in a critical condition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...