Recomendations for Windows Movie Maker alternative

jbrid

Can anyone recommend a free software tool that can create an AVI video file from a series of JPG's? I also want to put an audio track in the background. It could be for Linux or Windows. I have tried Kino (Linux) and Avidemux (Windows). Both are video editors but can't (as far as I can tell) do what I want.

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Views 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone recommend a free software tool that can create an AVI video file from a series of JPG's? I also want to put an audio track in the background. It could be for Linux or Windows. I have tried Kino (Linux) and Avidemux (Windows). Both are video editors but can't (as far as I can tell) do what I want.

Thanks!

Windows Movie Maker, supplied with Windows, should be able to do that.

bearoninternet
Windows Movie Maker, supplied with Windows, should be able to do that.

Topic:

Recomendations for Windows Movie Maker alternative :doh:

I have checked for free alternatives, but i havent found one yet with the ability to add sound.

Why are you looking for an alternative?

Found this, hope it works out for you.

Thanks folks!

I like Cyberlink's PowerDirector 7. I've just started working with it but I can tell you that it's a very powerful, slick program which I highly recommend, although it takes up quite a bit of hard drive space, (kind of like Photoshop does). I found a working fix for it by searching on the astalavista.ms site.

Archived