Windows 9 coming Nov 2014?

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Take this as a very tentative rumor, but apparently Windows 9 is slated for a general release in November 2014, while a beta version will be made available in January 2014.

The fact that Microsoft is working on Windows 9 is no surprise, however so far we've received very little information on the next version of Microsoft's OS as most of the attention thus far has been focused on Windows Blue. According to Win8China, who have provided a number of Windows leaks in the past, Microsoft are likely preparing Windows 9 for a tentative November 2014 product launch, with a beta to be available in January 2014.

Now of course this is just a rumor at this stage, however a release scheduled for late 2014 does fit with what we've heard in regards to a yearly OS update cycle for Windows. Windows Blue will be an upgrade to Windows 8 that will be launched this year, while a full version upgrade will come the following year, and naturally November is the perfect time ahead of the holiday season.

What will come in Windows 9? Well we're not quite sure at this stage as its release is some time away, although Win8China believes improvements to touchscreen support will be included, which wouldn't surprise us at all. The site also says that a mobile version of Windows 9 is in the works, which likely is referring to Windows Phone 9 - a product almost certainly also in the works.

view.gifView: Original Article

• Replies 14
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No hopes for the Non-touch based OS. It seems Win 7 will the last pure desktop orientated OS.

That's probably true as true can be... unfortunately for now the only way to make Win8 a pure desktop OS is to get a 3rd party program that allows the bypass of Metro at boot-up

• Administrator

Wasn't it supposed to come out this summer? I thought I heard that somewhere.

That's Windows Blue. At the near end of the year I think.

I will run XP til the hardware dies...or i die....which ever comes first :)

my CQ61 lappy came installed with 7 / I upgraded it to XP i dont think i could pull this feat off with any of the new laptops coming out with 8?

Xp is my wet dream come to life after the nitemare of WinMe

I will run XP til the hardware dies...or i die....which ever comes first :)

my CQ61 lappy came installed with 7 / I upgraded it to XP i dont think i could pull this feat off with any of the new laptops coming out with 8?

Xp is my wet dream come to life after the nitemare of WinMe

What about Linux Mint? Would you be able to use the software you need on that OS?

What is it Windows XP has that Windows 7 doesn't have to suit your needs?

What is it Windows XP has that Windows 7 doesn't have to suit your needs?

Yeah, absolutely!!!

Windows 7 displaces XP quite comprehensively.

I always thought retail releases were in October from Microsoft with respect to operating systems.

XP runs nicely on 2 gigs of ram, and at desktop uses about 300 megs of ram, this is a low-ball pc for 7 but a nice xp machine.

to me everything runs faster under xp than 7. and way less system over-head.

• Administrator

XP runs nicely on 2 gigs of ram

At 2 GB of RAM, you can even run full-fledged Windows 7 at almost full performance. I on the other hand, remember using XP on 256MB of RAM. :tooth:

XP runs nicely on 2 gigs of ram, and at desktop uses about 300 megs of ram, this is a low-ball pc for 7 but a nice xp machine.

to me everything runs faster under xp than 7. and way less system over-head.

Is your motherboard old, very old?

Some motherboards that are old only allow a low end amount of r.a.m. to be installed.

I am not sure at xp, however, when I used 98 it took a maximum of 192 m.b. r.a.m.

XP was a great operating system, 7 is XP on steroids.

Archived