Windows Live Messenger

DKT27

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not feeling bad about that . . . . . . . . . today - would've certainly felt sad some years ago when it was made available as a standalone redistributable. :)

Nowadays, when one installs WLM, one finds a lot of accompanying crap like Microsoft SkyDrive, Windows Mail, Windows Writer, Photo Gallery & Movie Maker. :thumbsdown:

• Administrator

WTF man :unsure:

WLM is closing down soon. Hence...

Not feeling bad about that . . . . . . . . . today - would've certainly felt sad some years ago when it was made available as a standalone redistributable. :)

Nowadays, when one installs WLM, one finds a lot of accompanying crap like Microsoft SkyDrive, Windows Mail, Windows Writer, Photo Gallery & Movie Maker. :thumbsdown:

Who installed all that? :tooth: I used to uncheck everything on installation. ;)

Bye Bye .. WLM :towel: ... :welcome: skype

I'm okay with Skype. But they seriously need to improve their chat functionality - it's worse than 10 year old MSN period. Someone was also mentioning that it shows no way to check how many unread mails you have. This and many more things needs to be really looked upon if Microsoft wants WLM to be replaced by Skype.

it hasn't gone anywhere.. im still using it with no issues :)

Slowly, they will stop working on all the accounts. The countdown has already started from 15th March (two days ago).

@ DKT27

We un-check those (other) options and deliver a well-configured system to the Customers. The problem is that we get the redistributable from the FrontPage well in advance - however, Customers get foisted with all the extras when it subsequently gets deployed through the Windows Updates simply because WLM (like most freeware) does not respect User preference (that was originally set by you & me.) :(

However, cannot blame Home Users who do not have to serve Customers for missing WLM - personally, it was quite good and migration to Skype is not free from headaches. :frusty:

jimbojet2011

Using trillian, so no Skype 4 me @ the moment untill it runs smoothly

• Administrator

Using trillian, so no Skype 4 me @ the moment untill it runs smoothly

Later, all the chat clients will lose WLM service connection. Can be couple or few months.

Archived