I have installed Windows 7 to UEFI-Based Computer!

LiLmEgZ

I just thought I would like to let you guys know I have successfully installed Windows 7 to my UEFI-Based ASUS N56VZ-RH71 laptop!!!

Although I would like to let u know I had to take out the hard drive and convert it to MBR via command prompt on another machine... since Windows 7 would not install to a GPT-based Hard Drive (originally GPT of course)... it was kind of a pain in the ass but I got it working!!!!

I will post cell phone based screenshots if you guys wish to see proof... just let me know, I'll post some :)

P.S. For the record, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate AND I got ALL my hardware drivers working with it too :)

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

describe plz complete procedure .how you install windows 7 on windows 8 installed laptop.

Its rather extensive but you have to be able to take the hard drive out, hook it up via USB, convert the disk from GPT to MBR format using Disk Partition tool via Command Prompt on Admin Mode and then disable UEFI Secure Boot Control & enable Launch CSM in BIOS so you can boot from the Windows 7 installation DVD.

There are guides on how to do this on the web!

Here is a small video that shows you how to disable UEFI Secure Boot Control... please take note that the video is shown on an ASUS machine so disabling it may slightly differ from brand to brand and such....

Side Note for w9999 (and anyone else): once you have gotten Win7 installed to the target machine if it has UEFI in its BIOS and all... YOU CANNOT RE-ENABLE UEFI AND SECURE BOOT IN THE BIOS AFTER WIN7 INSTALLATION IS COMPLETED!!!!

The reasoning behind this is because Windows 7 WILL NOT even boot up if you do!

In the simplest terms... DO NOT mess with your BIOS after you have got Win7 installed to the target machine!

• Administrator

PCs are NOT made for walled garden approach. And I congratulate you to break it. :)

As you mentioned, some problems do arise on it, but you have set a good example that yes, you can take on UEFI or someone's hard efforts to prevent users from using what they want (irrespective to whether it's Apple, Microsoft or Google).

PCs are NOT made for walled garden approach. And I congratulate you to break it. :)

As you mentioned, some problems do arise on it, but you have set a good example that yes, you can take on UEFI or someone's hard efforts to prevent users from using what they want (irrespective to whether it's Apple, Microsoft or Google).

Yep it just takes a little researching and some knowledge on how to do it.... and one can do/accomplish anything ;)

Just keep in mind that once UEFI & Secure Boot Control (and anything else associated with it) is turned OFF in the BIOS... YOU CANNOT re-enable it and expect Windows 7 to boot up (because it wont... people have tested this theory already and its proven!) ;)

Archived