DCS ProcessGuard 3

undeleted_xp

undeleted_xp

Guy is it still reliable to use ProcessGuard 3 on my PC 'cause Im only using Windows Firewall its acting like a second firewall, is it worth using this program?.. What are your opinion about the program ( ProcessGuard) or is there any other program much better to it? 'cause it seems outdated.. :D

SubSe7en.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

PG is still a good tool. Its not outdated, a new version was released a few months ago and a new one is scheduled to be released in near future.

However, its NOT a firewall by any means. Its meant to be an IDS system. Theres lots of other IDS systesm (SSM, Anti-Hook, PrevX, Safe N Sec, Online Armour etc). They all do stuff slightly differently.

undeleted_xp
PG is still a good tool. Its not outdated, a new version was released a few months ago and a new one is scheduled to be released in near future.

However, its NOT a firewall by any means. Its meant to be an IDS system. Theres lots of other IDS systesm (SSM, Anti-Hook, PrevX, Safe N Sec, Online Armour etc). They all do stuff slightly differently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

of those products you mention above which one is performing better or which of those will prefer using.

SubSe7en.jpg

• Administrator

Also, what features do you want? Registry protection? Driver Installation Protection? Behaviour analysis? Or even a firewall?

I think you meant better IDS system. Depend on which one suits you best and what you need.

Like to know and try Online Armor if got a chance.

undeleted_xp

im looking for a good IDS System.. dont know which of those are performing better.

undeleted_xp

im looking for this feature > Registry protection, Driver Installation Protection, Behaviour analysis.

one thing I may ask Im using Process Guard 3 for now is it right to disable "Install Global Hooks and Access Physical Memory on Internet Explorer?

• Administrator

No no, you just listed what i said, those are just some basic functionality. IDS tools are not for the inexperianced user (no offence to you or anyone else....). IDS systems will give you lots of popups etc, if you don't know what to do with them, they ARE pointless.

What i shall ask is this: Do you know what an IDS system is used for? Do you know how each of those features can protect you and the perpose of these.

Archived