Important note for any X64 firefox users

demoneye

HI

i post it in palemoon forum also and want to share my finding with you.

scenario

Shortly after upgrading to the latest version I started getting font / rendering corruption. The fonts would become fuzzy / a bit jumbled

My solution

i have similar issue in here for long time , and today out of the blue i felt inspire and solve it
the way is very simple , i have a Geforce gpu and when installing any x64 version of firefox the txt goes bad / fuzz / foggy You name it.
what i do is that , in the Nvidia control panel i DISABLE FXAA for palemoon.exe (custom) and walla ! its runs perfect now . case solved!

PS

the solution works also for waterfox as well.

cheers :)

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Airstream_Bill

Thanks for the Info: I will let a friend of mine know as he has that setup. :rolleyes:

I have the same problem, but I'm using ATi GPUs. Any tips?

Thanks!

well , my suggestion for you is disabling any hardware enhancer like ssaa or any kind of filtering and try it .

also you may try about:config, and setting gfx.content.azure.enabled to false.

fell free to let me know :)

The fonts in WMC im Win 7 x64 were messed up like that on Nvidia drivers with FXA turned to ON in driver settings globally.

I can't remember but i think they fixed this.. i did report the bug to them in the nvidia forums..

But i havn't gone back there since teh site went down for ages and then they sent emails to everyone

saying they were hacked and everyone passwords were stolen and reset. that was my cue to dump that place lol

Not because they got hacked but HOW they handled it.. I expect more from a professional company taking peoples money.

Anyway did you consider reporting that bug to them ?

My solution is to just leave FXAA alone.. i just don't use it at all and if you have to just enable per game/app profile in the driver CP

or with an app like Nvidia Inspector.

I like your post though. Not enough people step up find and fix their own bugs and THEN share what they found. Good job :)

I used x64 nightly a long time ago but ended up dumping it.. can't even remember why now lol

Glad Mozilla announced they are back to making an official x64 port.. it's long over due !

Was having this fuzzy fonts when back on Windows 7, using older stuff like Windows Live Messenger the same crap happens. Found it that in Catalyst had an option "morphological filtering" that after i disable that was fuzzy fonts where gone. Solved it.

But in today´s day using WIndows 8, Nightly Firefox 22.0a1 both x64 and latest Catalyst Packcage (beta 7) x64 never had that issue.

Farewell.

I just installed ff20 beta5 and it's ok (for now), without changing any settings.

amigo , i am talking on x64 version of firefox only (e.g waterfox,palemoon,cyberfox) . :)

Was having this fuzzy fonts when back on Windows 7, using older stuff like Windows Live Messenger the same crap happens. Found it that in Catalyst had an option "morphological filtering" that after i disable that was fuzzy fonts where gone. Solved it.

But in today´s day using WIndows 8, Nightly Firefox 22.0a1 both x64 and latest Catalyst Packcage (beta 7) x64 never had that issue.

Farewell.

as far as i recall firefox never hit 64 bit final , that what moziila said...

Archived