Downloading the same file from different websites at the same time

Marcus Thunder

Marcus Thunder

Is there a way to download the same file from different websites at the same time.I am lookin forward to down a big file from an ftp site but unfortunately it only allows 2 connections.I have many other mirror ftp sites for that file so i am thinking how to make Idm or any other if possible to download different parts of the file at the same time so that it downloads qickly

well i have abandoned getright from long ago but i think it may have this option but idont know wether it can handle ftp

well idm downloads perfectly from ftp but i dont know wether mirrors can be added for the file to get it down faster

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Thanks in Advance++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Replies 1
  • Views 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what you've just said, the answer is no.

From what I gather based on what you just said, you want to download a single file from a FTP site using IDM. Now you want the same file to be downloaded by IDM as well, but from another site.

Then IDM must split those two files into parts and then re-compile them into a single one, but since you are downloading from 2 sites at the same time, using the same file, IDM will be able to finish it's job much more faster.

This is where the problem lays, since right after you click that download button, IDM will say that there is already a file with that same name downloading atm, and will suggest if you want to re-download from that site (stopping the file that it was already downloading), and re-download the file from this one.

Naturally this cannot be done, since IDM is not that smart.

Archived