Internet Connection + VLC

Knightmare

Whenever I'm watching a movie on my laptop, it seems like VLC kills my connection. If it's a movie that I have seen many times, I'll stop midway through the film and browse the web; however, I notice that my wireless internet is not working. This happens anytime that I run VLC. Not sure why or how to fix it. The programs that are working/affecting my internet/VLC at the time are as follows:

- cFosSpeed

- Windows 7 Manager (various tweaks)

- Process Lasso (gaming mode for VLC)

Anyone else having this issue? If so, a solution would be welcomed. :D

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why will VLC terminate internet connection? Out of understanding, if you are watching movie offline (I mean, not with VLC plugin on the web). Try blocking VLC.exe in firewall.

I uninstalled Process Lasso and it seems to work fine now. Maybe it has something to do with the gaming mode setting. :huh:

I like GOM Player better. I always loved VLC bit started having problems about a yaer ago and started using GOM player and have not looked back.

I like GOM Player better. I always loved VLC bit started having problems about a yaer ago and started using GOM player and have not looked back.

Just checked it out. Not sure how I feel about a player that still supports Windows ME. :lol:

Maybe it has something to do with the gaming mode setting. :huh:

Obviously it does. When you activate gaming mode, priority of all other processes is lowered giving the one running in gaming mode, maximum.

Maybe it has something to do with the gaming mode setting. :huh:

Obviously it does. When you activate gaming mode, priority of all other processes is lowered giving the one running in gaming mode, maximum.

I remember enabling this on my old laptop fixed the issue I was having with Mediamonkey. Maybe I'm still able to classify that as a game/multimedia process.

Gom works best for me and if you download a good codec pack, you are good to go and it will play just about any video.

Trying to avoid adding extra codecs too. I'm just too picky. :rolleyes:

you can try mpc-hc + lav filters + xy-vsfilter, it only less real media and quick time codec. I love that ^_^

Archived