"Skipping The Windows 8 Product Key"

dcs18

Skipping The Windows 8 Product Key

Credits:

This guide is dedicated to november_ra1n & tezza who encouraged & introduced Windows 8 to an extremely rebellious me – thanks, guys (massive respects fly out to both of you.)

Notice:

• You can re-distribute this guide anywhere without having to consult with me
  • You need not lend credit to my name anywhere – you can keep all the credit for yourself
  • Credits will need to be given, though to nSane Forums – a link to the forums would be appreciated

Salient Features:

• This is not just about Windows 8 – in fact, Windows 7, Vista & XP shall be accommodated to my level best
  • Please let's not start a Windows 8 V/s Windows 7 debate, here – it's pathetic (no Windows Blue, either – it's just a sperm in the test tube.)

The Objective:

2aaf4p1.jpg

To customize one's installation DVD – removing a major hurdle where the installation process can get bogged down when the installation asks for the default installation product-key - this retarded behavior exists in Windows XP, too.

For the absent-minded (like me,) it can be quite traumatic on an outdoor call, at the Customer's site when one has tagged along the complete tools-of-the-trade (complete – except for the default installation product-key.)

As compared to Windows XP, both Windows 8 and Windows 7, install quite swiftly – however, the installation time can be further shortened (in case, of Windows 8,) by implementing the following steps.

The Resources:

• 1st generation original ISO image – personally prefer untouched releases (avoid pre-cracked ones)
  • Any ISO Manager of one’s choice – personally prefer UltraISO Premium
  • Notepad – personally prefer NotePad++
  • Best quality DVD – personally prefer RW (Windows 8 is not immortal)
  • Default installation product-key – not the product-key for activation
  • Program for burning an ISO image – personally prefer IMGBurn

The Process:

01.) Create a new text (.txt) file

02.) Type or copy the following into the body of the newly created text (.txt) file; by replacing the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCRYQH with the actual Default installation product-key for the edition of Windows 8 that's needed to be activated (in the following example – Windows 8 Pro):

03.) Close the text (.txt) file and save it when prompted to

04.) Rename the text file to EI.cfg

05.) Please note the default installation product-key above is relevant for only Windows 8 Pro it needs to be changed for Core, Enterprise, etc., etc.

06.) Create another new text (.txt) file

07.) Type or copy the following into the body of the newly created text (.txt) file:

08.) Close the text (.txt) file and save it when prompted to

09.) Rename the text file to PID.txt

10.) Using the ISO Manager of your choice, slip-stream the 2 newly created EI.cfg & PID.txt files into the Source folder of the ISO

11.) Burn the ISO image at a slow speed of 4x (faster speeds can result in coasters)

[PID]Value= XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-CRYQH
[EditionID][Channel]Retail[VL]0

our new Windows 8 Pro installation DVD is ready for prime time – it’s also gonna save some time and embarrassment (probably even make the difference between success and failure.)

Disclaimer:

This guide may not work for the following types of Characters:

• The Vain
  • The Shills
  • The Dead
  • The Trolls
  • The Proud
  • The n00bs
  • The Sheep
  • The Dense
  • The Slaves
  • The Losers
  • The Biased
  • The MisFits
  • The Prudes
  • The Flaccid
  • The Dunces
  • The Morons
  • The Pussies
  • The Lamers
  • The KillJoys
  • The Gullible
  • The Jealous
  • The Hagrids
  • The Rippers
  • The Retards
  • The Flamers
  • The Faggots
  • The Blamers
  • The Quitters
  • The Whiners
  • The ShitLess
  • The Dumbos
  • The Flunkies
  • The Stooges
  • The Lackeys
  • The FullCups
  • The Haughty
  • The Eunuchs
  • The Doubtful
  • The Paranoid
  • The Yes-Men
  • The Accusers
  • The Laggards
  • The Theorists
  • The Alarmists
  • The ImPotent
  • The Gamblers
  • The ImPatient
  • The CryBabies
  • The Dinosaurs
  • The Comatose
  • The InCapable
  • The Weaklings
  • The Pessimists
  • The Apologists
  • The WorthLess
  • The Hypocrites
  • The NaySayers
  • The Lamenters
  • The Ignoramus
  • The LukeWarm
  • The Ignoramus
  • The Pretenders
  • The Contended
  • The DisInclined
  • The PallBearers
  • The ShameLess
  • The ImPractical
  • The SpoilSports
  • The Know-It-All
  • The Astrologers
  • The Vanquished
  • The Speculators
  • The NumbSkulls
  • The GreenHorns
  • The Conformists
  • The Constipated
  • The Average Joe
  • The SoothSayers
  • The Conspirators
  • The Philosophers
  • The UnCharitable
  • The DayDreamers
  • The non-Believers
  • The DisPassionate
  • The Escape Artists
  • The InCompetents
  • The OverConfident
  • The Living UnDead
  • The UnResourceful
  • The Breast Beaters
  • The Fuddy Duddies
  • The Procrastinators
  • The Rabble Rousers
  • The Non-Performers
  • The Rumor Mongers
  • The WindowsBashers
  • The FanBoyz & FanGals
  • The Don't-Fix-It-If-It's-Not-Broken

• Replies 141
  • Views 26.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the rest of it? Bring all of it back! I demand it! I will declare war on all nations and annihilate all mankind! Bring it back! :protest:

I'm counting all on that bro! :please:

I'm using this as one of a very important resources as I am shifting to wind0ws 8!

Do not delete or hide it! I need it badly!

I'm using this as one of a very important resources as I am shifting to wind0ws 8!

Do not delete or hide it! I need it badly!

This tutorial shall never be deleted - in the past I have deleted all my tutorials (this one belongs to the staff.) :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ah, great news!!!

Once you verify the checksum of your ISO - I'd suggest customizing it as per the following:-

"How To Hack The Windows 8 ISO"

Alright. In the recipe, you have stated a Default Installation product key - where do I get one?

Resources for Windows 8 Professional

And, there is nothing about creating a bootable USB.

You can use UltraISO Premium Edition to create a bootable USB pen-drive. ;)

10x for this guide dcs18 and many Thanks goes also to NR and tezza for helping us much in here by bringing latest news to our table :)

cheers :D

Ah, great news!!!

Once you verify the checksum of your ISO - I'd suggest customizing it as per the following:-

Resources for Windows 8 Professional.

There must have some mistake with the link as it is redirecting to the same post of same thread.

Ah, great news!!!

"How To Hack The Windows 8 ISO"

Alright. In the recipe, you have stated a Default Installation product key - where do I get one?

Resources for Windows 8 Professional.

There must have some mistake with the link as it is redirecting to the same post of same thread.

Link updated. :)

After the installation, can I connect to internet?

After the installation, can I connect to internet?

Yes, just gotta warn you that the virus that infected your system, Virut - is capable of replicating itself onto all external media (except CDs/DVDs) and has also known to download other associated virii into the host through the internet. :(

Another important caveat you should know is that before installation you'll need to wipe your system - Virut survives a reformat.

Now, I am running avg virut remover tool on boot time. Will it be enough? I ran Mcafee Stinger too but it didn't remove all. What would you suggest me to do now?

First get your Windows 8 ISO safely - out of the way (away from the Virut infection.)

If you're gonna be transferring it to another system - ensure before you plug in the container which houses your ISO, that autoplay is disabled on the system (or else, Virut will be able to run on that system, too.)

On your own system, boot with any Disk Manager (I prefer Acronis Disk Director) - to delete all your partitions (finally, until just one single unallocated volume remains.)

Then, convert that volume into a NTFS partition and use the 'Wipe' option (at this point Virut shall be decimated.)

Finally use your fresh ISO (burned onto a DVD) - to reformat into a clean install.

My DVD drive is dead. I have to use pen drive.

My DVD drive is dead. I have to use pen drive.

If you're running the Windows 8 Preview, you can just perform a refresh directly through your OS, itself - this will remove most of Virut (but, you'll also lose your files, settings, data, etc., etc.,)

After installing the final version of Windows 8 - there's a slim chance your DVD drive might get revived. :idea:

The win 8 preview is in my other HDD and the CP version sucks.

Edit: SHA1 checksum matches :)

So, there is no way to create a safe bootable USB with the virut running in system memory. Is there any way to delete the virut from system memory for current session?

AVG virut remover tool isn't working as at boot time scan system shuts down due to overheating.

First-off backup this ISO that's been downloaded to safety - if on a system, ensure that autoplay is disabled.

Then, create an USB thumb-drive Windows 8 installation from a sanitized system.

Next, install a trial OS on the infected system and then use the Refresh option from within the new Windows 8 interface to check-back whether the DVD drive is revived - if yes, use the drive to execute a final installation as per my previous instructions.

If not - check comprehensively for any traces of infection before you finalize the installation via USB drive (personally, in the wake of Virut - I'm not very comfy about a USB install at all, unless you're able to create and boot the Acronis Disk Director procedure first.)

Ah man, this is a very HUGE headache!

Yeah, your bro. chose to gift-wrap you, an expensive virus - Mr. Virut. :D

Archived