dcs18

• Replies 141
  • Views 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah this is the way for an app to work

Capture.png

Great!!!

(Now, right-click the ESET icon at the Notifiction area) >>----> Advanced setup... >>----> Computer >>----> Antivirus and antispyware >>----> Exclusions >>----> Add >>----> (Browse to the TNod directory and add the whole branch.)

Great!!!

(Now, right-click the ESET icon at the Notifiction area) >>----> Advanced setup... >>----> Computer >>----> Antivirus and antispyware >>----> Exclusions >>----> Add >>----> (Browse to the TNod directory and add the whole branch.)

Did it already :)

Can I have the 3 buttons at the location specified in the image? Only those 3.

Capture.png

Yes, of course - you can!!!

01.) Run an elevated RegEdit

02.) Navigate to the following key:-

• [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderTypes\{5c4f28b5-f869-4e84-8e60-f11db97c5cc7}]

03.) Create the following 2 new keys in the left-hand-side pane under {5c4f28b5-f869-4e84-8e60-f11db97c5cc7}:-

• TasksItemsSelected
  • TasksNoItemsSelected

04.) If the key ({5c4f28b5-f869-4e84-8e60-f11db97c5cc7}) grumbles about permission - take ownership over it

05.) On the right hand side pane of those 2 newly created (TasksItemsSelected) + (TasksNoItemsSelected) double-click the sub-key (Default) and copy the following into the Value Data field:-

Windows.Cut; Windows.Copy; Windows.Paste

06.) If ownership was taken above in step # 04.) restore ownership to Trusted Installer over the key ({5c4f28b5-f869-4e84-8e60-f11db97c5cc7})

This is not happening :( I did as you told in the registry (image below) but the options aren't out there.

Capture.png

Which options are not there? Where?

I did as you told me to do. Look at the image. But the options "copy" "cut" and "paste" are not showing up.

I did as you told me to do. Look at the image. But the options "copy" "cut" and "paste" are not showing up.

That's because you're looking for them above the address-bar while they actually appear below the address-bar on the red band (check my screenshot.)

I suggest (first) skinning your copy of Windows 8, following which you will be able to enable the red band which ( on Windows 8 ) is disabled, by default.

That's because you're looking for them above the address-bar while they actually appear below the address-bar on the red band (check my screenshot.)

I suggest (first) skinning your copy of Windows 8, following which you will be able to enable the red band which ( on Windows 8 ) is disabled, by default.

So I can't have that facility without skinning entire windows?

That depends on whether you're ready to beta-test something that's on my mind. :think:

ps:

The download would be around 44 MBs (uncompressed) and the installation just about 1 MB.

That depends on whether you're ready to beta-test something that's on my mind. :think:

ps:

The download would be around 44 MBs (uncompressed) and the installation just about 1 MB.

No I don't wanna skin right now. Let me get bored with default one first. If you find another way, the please help me with that.

No I don't wanna skin right now. Let me get bored with default one first. If you find another way, the please help me with that.

But, that's exactly what I asked you - getting that facility, without skinning.

But, that's exactly what I asked you - getting that facility, without skinning.

Oh yeah, I will do it then. I'm getting 1 GB of data tomorrow :dance: Gim'me the link and I will download by tomorrow :naughty:

Edit: Hey, can an argument be implemented for launching only the desktop icons with single click? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I will do it then. I'm getting 1 GB of data tomorrow :dance: Gim'me the link and I will download by tomorrow :naughty:

You've got PM.

Edit: Hey, can an argument be implemented for launching only the desktop icons with single click? :rolleyes:

You may pin the Desktop icons to the Start Menu / Task Bar / a Desktop Dock.

You may pin the Desktop icons to the Start Menu / Task Bar / a Desktop Dock.

Start menu - You have to click twice. I'm not a big fan of start menu too.

Task bar - I don't want an ugly taskbar.

Desktop Dock - Acceptable but I want to use Fences. It's cool and light. No longer has the explorer conflict with windows 8 x64. I have created 3 desktop pages and now I'm swapping them like one does in mobile phones. As you can see in the folder options, there is a option that allows files to open by single click but that facility does for all, not for desktop icons only. There must be some registry tweak hidden from your eyes.

You see some craplication in that image below? Hell man, you do. Can I remove them from my hard drive? I want to keep just the camera.

Capture2.png

Hey, your screenshot suggests that you've failed to disable apps.

There must be some registry tweak hidden from your eyes.

Personally, my configured systems have the Desktop completely disabled - I consider it a vulnerability of privacy.

You missed too :D

Personally, my configured systems have the Desktop completely disabled - I consider it a vulnerability of privacy.

What do you mean by desktop disabled? :naughty:

That's why I asked you. :P

On my configurations, the C:\ drive and Desktop are hidden away from sight without any shortcuts.

OK, now how to disable it?

On my configurations, the C:\ drive and Desktop are hidden away from sight without any shortcuts.

I know, you are very conscious regarding your a$$ :rofl: You use to keep the crack hidden so that nothing can go inside.

OK, now how to disable it?

OeYbf3q.png

???

Edit: I was downloading vaio care 163 MB with IDM. When downloaded 99.97%, data corruption occurred and IDM started downloading from beginning. WOW!

Archived