Premium VPN or Time To Change?

DJPrice

I'm currently using HideMyAss VPN, it's the first VPN service I've used. My account is up for renewal at the end of next month & I was wondering if someone has another provider that's better/cheaper? I'd like to use the service for torrents, general surfing of the web & also one that works on the ps3 as I have Netflix & would like to be able to try Netflix's service from other regions around the world. I don't mind paying or of course if there's a free service/s that provides the options I'm after then that's a lot better.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HideMyAss has been known to give your history details away so I'd avoid them.

There have been giveaways for CyberGhost and SecurityKiss not long ago (few months) I've been using both with fairly good results. I'd recommend either.

CyberGhost deal atm https://cyberghostvpn.com/en/product/purchase.html

I've also had good service from Mullvad for 5euro a month, although it's usually cheaper to find a 12 month deal on something else like CG.

These are the only ones that have been decent I've tried. Look around for any giveaways before spending money is my advice.

My vote goes to SecurityKISS, Cyberghost, and Private Tunnel. But none of those things work on playstation because it does not have support for vpn connections. What you need is a router that connects to your vpn and then you connect all your devices to that. Private tunnel isn't really best for torrents because the bandwidth is prepaid and you buy it in chunks, also you would need to use an openvpn client so there is no option for pptp.

Thank you very much for all your input guys. I'm going to give CyberGhost a go. Going to go for the mid range package for a year subscription. Looks like a really good deal to me, unless of course someone reccomneds going for the highest package beacause the simultaneous connections & VIP servers make much difference?

CyberGhost is worth trying first. There's an Easter special to get MBAM with it for free. Had an email. B)

Thank you, I should've known that. Couldn't think of it in my half asleep state. At least that's my excuse! I can't seem to get the order with MBAM :(

Archived