[Solved] Display Problem

Djurba

Hey guys ! I have a problem . I cant set native 1680x1050 resolution , on ASUS EAH4850 graphic card , I just installed win 7(x86), and I have only 1600x900 and 1440x900 closest to native. Everything looks very afwul , and I tried every possible driver , win 7 default driver , I also tried several versions of ATI catalyst and even from ASUS site i found some old version exactly for that gpu, and I can see same resolutions in ati catalyst options , i rly dont have idea whats happening . Any thoughts what can be problem ? :s . And I am curios is this happening only on 1680x1050 , cause I am reparin windows for someon who has smaller monitor, and in that case is it possible that windows will auto-adjust resolution ?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Windows detect your real monitor model?

If it install a generic display, or if it detect the wrong one, it may be the cause of your problem.

It may think that this monitor don't support the resolution you want.

Does Windows detect your real monitor model?

If it install a generic display, or if it detect the wrong one, it may be the cause of your problem.

It may think that this monitor don't support the resolution you want.

I also agree with the statement. That's right. :yes:

What is the native resolution of your display? I'm not asking about your GFX card's maximum supported resolution. A mid-range AMD GFX card usually supports 8400 x 8400 of maximum resolution but you can't set that if your monitor has no support for that amount.

I'd try to change the VGA / DVI input - did you try that?

Yeah that was the last thing which I have tried , and it worked :D . I was so blind to realise it , main problem was that I was googlin for the problem and all the answers were that it was driver, windows related and I was so confused . Omg cant believe how stupid I am :wut: . Thanks for effort guys .

Archived