Please stop the postings of RSS Bot; it's very annoying!

Alf_NL

As the title says.

• Replies 26
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discussion has already been raised about this. If other members wish to express their opinion, here's the place.

Discussion has already been raised about this. If other members wish to express their opinion, here's the place.

I searched for an existing thread about this before posting, but couldn't find anything. Link?

I searched for an existing thread about this before posting, but couldn't find anything. Link?

We have some other parts of the forum which only ViPs, Donators and staff can see ;)

We have some other parts of the forum which only ViPs, Donators and staff can see ;)

OK, I see. I don't consider myself to be one of those, but I assume the RSS Bot posting are deliberately so you raise money for them?

No, as to what for they were exactly meant you'll have to wait at Lite's response.

No, as to what for they were exactly meant you'll have to wait at Lite's response.

Would you explain yourself please?

Would you explain yourself please?

That you should wait for Lite's response to tell you why exactly we started using the RSS Bot feature ;) Meaning I can't tell you.

• Administrator

Not at all.

Without the RSS Bot, several of the news forums recieve little or no postings.

@Alf_NL, You make a point, but don't explain why you wish for it to be removed.

There will be some changes to the feature, but more feedback is needed.

@Alf_NL, You make a point, but don't explain why you wish for it to be removed.

I check the Nsane forum daily with the newest posts search. Before the RSS Bot there were approx. 1 or 2 pages search result, now there are many. It's quite annoying to read through all the RSS Bot topics to see the REAL news, if I don't have missed it at all. With REAL news I mean news that we expect to be on Nsane forum. All RSS Bot posts are news items I'm not interested in and has nothing to do with the Nsane forum. Most of the news I can already read on forums I visit to read that kind of news, if I'm interested in it.

• Administrator

If i reduce the number of posts by the Bot is this OK? Some of the channels are currently in testing. Its most likely the filesharing news will stay and there will be some changes to the others.

If i reduce the number of posts by the Bot is this OK? Some of the channels are currently in testing. Its most likely the filesharing news will stay and there will be some changes to the others.

Well, it's your forum and I can only speak for myself, but I think those post are completely unnecessary. Please stick with those post were Nsane is meant for and what it's doing good IMHO.

• Administrator

It is possible to ignore posts by forums for the "get new posts function", i can set this up if its worthwhile?

It is possible to ignore posts by forums for the "get new posts function", i can set this up if its worthwhile?

I already put the RSS Bot on the ignore user list, but that doesn't work for the new post search.

• Administrator

I can easily change some settings, admin side, to stop the new posts link searching for posts in certain forums.

I can easily change some settings, admin side, to stop the new posts link searching for posts in certain forums.

That means that ALL postings in that certain forum aren't on the new post list anymore. I don't think that is a good solution.

BTW: Now that I have give you my reasons to stop the RSS Bot post, would you be so kind to tell me (and other interested readers) why are you so energetic to keep them here.

• Administrator

I stated earlier; several of the news forums recieve no posts without such a feature. Also, there is a major increase in the number of forum visitors with such a function.

Some changes will be made the channels, there will also be greater checking of posts by staff. New features take a while to get running to an optimal level.

Edit: Disabled the world news feeds, removed the Toms Hardware Feed (this seems to post lots of rubbish).

Edit #2: Give it a few days, see what you think of the changes and please post back. Feedback is always welcomed.

Fair enough!

I recon it is still best solution as in older days: popin to nSane, read all New topics (because they all of human recommendation/posting/interest) and reply to those that you feel worth/value replying to...

Edited: New

Edit #2: Give it a few days, see what you think of the changes and please post back. Feedback is always welcomed.

Nice to be back to the cleaner 'View New Posts.'

Arrgghhh, come on guys, this isn't fun anymore; I don't see any improvement. It's getting worse instead: last 157 new posts = 104 RSS Bot messages (=67%!!!)

Please stop this idiot so called 'service'; it isn't of any use at all.

Though I remember replyig to topic of most pirated movies... RSS Bots new topic " most pirated movies"...

The list is updated once a week...

Archived