Microsoft hacked, same Java flaw

nsane.forums

Microsoft has disclosed that it recently fell victim to the same type of cyberattack that targeted Apple and Facebook.

“During our investigation, we found a small number of computers, including some in our Mac business unit, that were infected by malicious software using techniques similar to those documented by other organizations,” the company said on its Security Response Center website Friday.

“We have no evidence of customer data being affected and our investigation is ongoing,” it said.

Microsoft joins a list of companies that’ve recently reported being hacked, including Facebook, Apple, Twitter, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.

Apple and Facebook were both targeted via a vulnerability in Oracle’s Java platform, and Microsoft said Friday it was hit by a similar attack.

“This type of cyberattack is no surprise to Microsoft and other companies that must grapple with determined and persistent adversaries,” it said.

The Times, the Journal and Apple each pointed at China as the source of the attacks. Twitter didn’t say where it thought the attacks originated but urged 250,000 of its users to change their passwords.

China has denied involvement in the attacks.

Posted ImageView: Original Article

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder what site or sites(s) that were used to nail so many high profile targets ?

They got Facebook, Apple, Microsoft etc..

And all i have seen in the stories is that users were exploited on a site for developers.

Well what one ? Like codeproject or something ?

This appears to be a military intelligence grade of attack. All of these exploits seems as though Java is a constant target of some bad plan. After all if you think about it, Java is used by SO MANY things.....take it away and you have taken away many means of digital communications. I think that they may try and use this flaw as a way of suspending it to accomplish a portion of the Internet lock down: cyber security false flag attack.

aPdjtle.png

Archived