Comcast Sued For Disclosing Customer Information

Samurai

Comcast Corp., the top U.S. cable television network operator, is being sued by a Seattle-area woman for disclosing her name and contact information, court records showed on Thursday. In a lawsuit filed in King County, Washington, Dawnell Leadbetter said that she was contacted by a debt collection agency in January and told to pay a $4,500 for downloading copyright-protected music or face a lawsuit for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Source: Reuters

• Replies 5
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Comcast Corp., the top U.S. cable television network operator, is being sued by a Seattle-area woman for disclosing her name and contact information, court records showed on Thursday. In a lawsuit filed in King County, Washington, Dawnell Leadbetter said that she was contacted by a debt collection agency in January and told to pay a $4,500 for downloading copyright-protected music or face a lawsuit for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Source: Reuters

"But no court authorized Comcast to release names and addresses of its customers, or notified his client that her information had been given to an outside party, Lybeck said."

yeap comcast guilty. they broke FTA rules too. tsk tsk. now the question is how there can be a debt collectin agency without the victim knowing about it. no court case no ruling. fraud. she should sue them too. go right up the chain. all the way to kerrys and clintons friends at the top.

comcast needs their azz spank anyway. they have been policing their customers and that opens them up to legal liable.

at least we cant say shes a aol user

ComCast was always know for giving in and giving up the names and contact information. I suppose it was just a matter of tme till one person sued them. I wonder who will win?

ComCast was always know for giving in and giving up the names and contact information. I suppose it was just a matter of tme till one person sued them. I wonder who will win?

with ID fraud in the headlines one would think a big company like comcast wouldnt give information to a 3rd party without a legal court document or ruling. busted.

Guest Blank Space

Note to self: Don't use Comcast. (Although I'm tempted to, SBC DSL has sucked a lot)

I hope Comcast loses. :/

dito, on both parts. my options for a high speed ISP suck. i have comcast & the local bell company, both of which are known to give yer info to the RIAA/MPAA :D

Archived