Waterfox 18.0.1

DKT27

• Administrator

Waterfox is a 64-bit version of Firefox. Waterfox is modified version of the Firefox source code specifically for machines running 64-bit versions of Windows. Software designed for 64-bit Windows editions can take advantage of faster RAM and processing speeds and greater stability in 64-bit systems. Just converting Mozilla's source code for 64-bit Windows isn't enough, Waterfox takes it to another level with unique tweaks which help it exploit the speed of 64-bit systems. Waterfox is made with one thing in mind: speed. Waterfox offers 100% Firefox Add-on Compatibility and 64-bit Plugin Support.

Thanks to HALiD for the update.

Download

Note: New addition to the listings.

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

firefox then cyberfox and now waterfox :lol:

Firefox, then Waterfox, then Cyberfox. ;)

No current plans to list Cyberfox though, one 64-bit version is enough.

• Administrator

Cyberfox > Waterfox

Remove waterfox and replace it with Cyberfox if you only plan to post one of them.

Waterfox has a LAZY dev.

Cyberfox is fairly young browser I think. Doubt Waterfox dev is lazy, if you are referring to v17 not being available, then he was having a compiler problem, which prevented him from making one. Otherwise has been seen mentioning few times that he completes working on them in less than a couple of days of the original release.

No, i am referring to him as lazy because he is lazy.

Regardless of whatever anyone wants to believe.... just look that the release dates for waterfox... and the updates to his "site".

Almost every release has taken weeks after firefox updated.... and his little comments on his site... have almost monthly gaps. (At least 3 weeks)

As for Cyberfox... this project could easily die down as well. A lot of "devs" typically start off with a lot of energy and then lose interest. I say "devs" because these guys are just recompiling firefox the best they can... they aren't really changing much.

But at least the guy making Cyberfox has forums behind him... and seems to be pretty quick... also he fixed issues that waterfox users were having.... so maybe the forum guys will keep him motivated.

Either way... just benchmarking and using them on a day to day basis.... i say again...

Cyberfox > Waterfox

• Administrator

No, i am referring to him as lazy because he is lazy.

Regardless of whatever anyone wants to believe.... just look that the release dates for waterfox... and the updates to his "site".

Almost every release has taken weeks after firefox updated.... and his little comments on his site... have almost monthly gaps. (At least 3 weeks)

As for Cyberfox... this project could easily die down as well. A lot of "devs" typically start off with a lot of energy and then lose interest. I say "devs" because these guys are just recompiling firefox the best they can... they aren't really changing much.

But at least the guy making Cyberfox has forums behind him... and seems to be pretty quick... also he fixed issues that waterfox users were having.... so maybe the forum guys will keep him motivated.

Either way... just benchmarking and using them on a day to day basis.... i say again...

Cyberfox > Waterfox

It's true, devs start loosing energy after some time.

Anyway, I personally still feel that Cyberfox is quite new, we would consider it in future, if you still feel it's not worth waiting, please make post in Site/Forum Wishlist thread or make a thread in Site/Forum Feedback. :)

ROMANTICGUY50

I have Firefox on my computer now. If I put a 64bit version on as well will there be any interaction problem. At one time I had two version and Firefox would not load bookmarks and kept messing up So if I put a 64 bit version in along with Firefox will I have any problems Thanks

@ ROMANTICGUY50

I'm running Firefox V19 along side the V21 using the same profile without any issue - only care to be taken is to not run both iterations simultaneously. ;)

just install it and its some how make fonts look ugly and eyes killer , the setting is same as firefox , so its Watefox 18.01 blame .

• Administrator

changelog already update to 18.0.1

:wub:

Thanks for the info. Fixed. :)

Gamkutopolowk

firefox cyberfox waterfox greenfox laserfox powerfox blackfox everywhere edition x64 as same

"Cyberfox is Compiled with Microsoft visual studios 2012, Windows 8 SDK and Intel composer XE 2013." - and by this they are balancing between performance and compatibility.

Waterfox (re)compile their code using only ICC, which gives great advantage to users that are having intel processor.

If you are looking at release date as a reference to make your decision then use Firefox?

ROMANTICGUY50

I used Palemoon for a while but they never kept updated to the current version- Which is better Waterfox or Cyberfox I have windows 64bit with Intel dulecore processor

"Cyberfox is Compiled with Microsoft visual studios 2012, Windows 8 SDK and Intel composer XE 2013." - and by this they are balancing between performance and compatibility.

Waterfox (re)compile their code using only ICC, which gives great advantage to users that are having intel processor.

If you are looking at release date as a reference to make your decision then use Firefox?

Do your own research before you speak....

Waterfox 3fFGhUq.png

Cyberfox WHRgo2V.png

Both tested with quad core intel cpu and 8GB of ddr3 ram.

Release dates do become a factor tho when you consider security.... a few days to a week and a half is not a huge problem.... but almost a month several times is a problem.

Archived