Mozilla Firefox 18.0 Final

Marik

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to jofre for the update.

Download

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment I posted the update it wasn`t there yet , but appeared 3 minutes later. Just followed your information on shoutbox... :lol:

Thanks, but it most certainly feels muich slower than FF 17 for me, and my PC isn't any whimp. I think I'm going to revert back if it still feels this sluggish after a few hours. I want to be sure it's not something on me end first, but I don't see how it could be. I've installed nothing else but FF 18.

Thanks for the update

Waiting is now over :lol:

• Administrator

Thanks, but it most certainly feels muich slower than FF 17 for me, and my PC isn't any whimp. I think I'm going to revert back if it still feels this sluggish after a few hours. I want to be sure it's not something on me end first, but I don't see how it could be. I've installed nothing else but FF 18.

Not possible. This version includes IonMonkey, which speed things up by 20%. Check if some addons are causing the problem.

Wating for FF 19 Beta!

Same here. :D

Not possible. This version includes IonMonkey, which speed things up by 20%. Check if some addons are causing the problem.

That only improves pages with heavy javascript content like java games & gmail. No speed increase whatsoever if a person doesn't use Java at all. :P

can this features KIS 13 ( save money, virtual keyboard,anti banner, and content blocker) enable in add ons ff 18 ?

i'm still using FF `15

Tq :)

Disabled all add-ons and it's still considerably slower. It also scores lower on nearly all browser performance tests I tried against FF 17. It might not be slower on everyones machine - but it is on both my desktop and laptop. Went back to 17 and the page loading speed was night and day for me.

• Administrator

That only improves pages with heavy javascript content like java games & gmail. No speed increase whatsoever if a person doesn't use Java at all. :P

Java and javascript are two entirely different things. Java is hardly used these days, but some sites require it. Javascript on another hand, is an very essential part of general websites or pages. nsane.forums for example, makes heavy use of javascript. IonMonkey, is something like an enhancement to current Firefox JS engine. A good JS engine can only speed things up, especially on nsane.forums like sites. Except bugs, I doubt it can slow things down.

Disabled all add-ons and it's still considerably slower. It also scores lower on nearly all browser performance tests I tried against FF 17. It might not be slower on everyones machine - but it is on both my desktop and laptop. Went back to 17 and the page loading speed was night and day for me.

That's something to be looked into though. I doubt I'll have much time, but if I do, I'll try to run the benchmarks.

i was using all 18 betas so i see no diff when installing win 18 final :)

10x for the update

Archived