Celebration Of Orthodox Christmas & New Year 2013

november_ra1n

november_ra1n

Celebration Of Orthodox Christmas & New Year 2013

hpn20131.jpg

Monday, January 7 Orthodox Christmas Day 2013

Monday, January 14 Orthodox New Year 2013
You probably wonder why do Russians Orthodox people celebrate Christmas on January 7th? Why not on December 25th?

Well, the reason is that the Russian Orthodox Church still lives according to the old Julian Calendar, which is currently 13 days behind the Gregorian Calendar, which is adopted by most countries in the world (and by the Russian government). When in the end of 1917 the Bolshevik government decided to adopt Gregorian calendar, the Russian Orthodox church decided not to follow the rules set by the incresingly oppresive civil authorities. Part of the reason was to protest against the Bolsheviks and their interference in church affairs. Another reason, perhaps, was to stick to the older rules, the ways in which generations of Russian Christians were praising the Lord, observing holidays, etc.

It has to be said that Russia has been Christian since the year 980 A.D. (for over 1000 years) and traditions mean very much for every Russian Orthodox Christian. Nowadays, the Russian Orthodox still follows the old calendar and all Russian Orthodox believers celebrate Christmas on January 7th.

For the not-so-religious part of the society Christmas time is just a long holiday season. Many people start celebrating Christmas on December 25 (together with the Western World), then continue to observe New Year Eve with festive parties, enjoy New Year Day with their families and, finally, celebrate Russian Orthodox Christmas on January 7.

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

Who gives a fuck?? :wtf:

Shut up give the respect different religion, believe and celebration day around the world. Who are you by the way! Religion Raci1st...

Not really an intro thread so moved to the chat bar

And what do you mean by "who gives a fuck" GRiM, was there even a need for such a reply to be made?

Obviously they care since they don't celebrate the new year or Christmas the same time we do so why not wish them a merry Christmas?

Merry Christmas guys :cheers:

Who gives a fuck?? :wtf:

Shut up give the respect different religion, believe and celebration day around the world. Who are you by the way! Religion Raci1st...

It has nothing to do with different religions or been a religion racist, ALL religions are ridiculous and these type of idiotic topics do not belong on a site like this. If you want to discuss fairy tales and other crap like that find a "faith" based site.

The Chat Bar is for ALL off-topic chat (as long as it abides by our forum rules).

I myself am not a religious person and have little respect for most organized religions as they have outlived their purpose, in my opinion (although this is currently a topic of debate due to the lack of moral standards in the contemporary, Western, world).

But what I am is a person who respects another person's beliefs and their right to express them.

We are a community which offers a roof to people of many different cultures and religions and we expect our members to be tolerant towards each and every one of those.

If you are not religious, like me, just let it pass by you.

The Chat Bar is for ALL off-topic chat (as long as it abides by our forum rules).

I myself am not a religious person and have little respect for most organized religions as they have outlived their purpose, in my opinion (although this is currently a topic of debate due to the lack of moral standards in the contemporary, Western, world).

But what I am is a person who respects another person's beliefs and their right to express them.

We are a community which offers a roof to people of many different cultures and religions and we expect our members to be tolerant towards each and every one of those.

If you are not religious, like me, just let it pass by you.

I understand that, ie they have right to express them but I just dont think nsane is the site to do it. They have no business expressing them on sites like this imo, there are plenty of sites to talk crap, I have just never seen nsane as such a site, guess I was wrong. :mellow:

• Administrator

How is this different than the Merry Christmas and Happy New Year announcement that we make every year? :)

It's just another, you know, yay, a festival, lets enjoy it. ^_^

november_ra1n

I understand that, ie they have right to express them but I just dont think nsane is the site to do it. They have no business expressing them on sites like this imo, there are plenty of sites to talk crap, I have just never seen nsane as such a site, guess I was wrong. :mellow:

Well me tell you something before you go on and on. I am atheist by myself but at the same time i see Christmas or new year etc.. the day of celebration some special days people get gather to have a good time together also i respect any kind of religion.

There is a lot of different section here people talk about joke funny staff what they listen or watch etc, nsaneforums is not about only software or crack, and once again who you think you are giving advice and dictating what to talk or not to talk?

Well for the most part I do apologise as I didnt even bother to read the topic properley before ranting. I wrongly assumed this was a load of silly Christian/Religious crap so it just annoyed me that this was even on a site as nsane.

Yes, there are plenty of off-topic and joke stuff and non-software chat but I honestly think backwards thinking from "believers" have absolutley no place on here which is why I jumped the gun before reading properley and now see it was more of a historical piece then a religious piece so again I apologise.

@ DKT27

Xmas and New Year are simply national holidays now have no real basis as a religious event in todays world. They're just traditions/holidays, nothing to do with nutters who belive its a blokes birthday.

november_ra1n

And at what point did I say I didnt like/celebrate it???

Obviously I like/celebrate Xmas, My point earlier was that its nothing to do with religion (for the most part) today. I at no point said myself or Admin here do not celebrate so if your going to attempt to contradict somebody at least read what they said.

I can not believe what you did today on our holiday, man you are clearly disturbed, Who gives a *snip* about your Christmas but I do not see any fool to oppose your Christmas *snip*.

Fanatical Atheists always claim superiority but they never miss a single insecure opportunity to unload more of their beliefs on you than Jehovah Witnesses or Mormons. I have never seen an event where this wasn't 100% true. Every time there will always be some fanatical atheist who claims to be against organised religion but yet does not realise that he/she is so fanatical and organised about Atheism which makes them no better than what they criticize. Most people regardless of religion (including Atheism) are tolerant of others and do not try to impose their beliefs on others, being an atheist does not exempt someone from being intolerant or racist.

There are many things in the world that different people will not care about but there are tried and tested protocols about what to do when you don't care about something; I personally adopted the ancient technique of shutting the f?*k up and remaining quiet because talking a load of shit about the thing I claim not to care about implies that I did care since I bothered to talk a load of shit about it in the first place.

Also Santa Claus is the only capitalist god of December 25th in America, people no longer go to church and kids have no idea who is baby Jesus. Other parts of the world may be different, no offence to anyone. This thread was actually informative to me as I had no idea that there were Orthodox Christians still alive out there, I had thought they were all exterminated by the Zionists and Capitalists but I am happy to know that Orthodox Christianity is existing in the world today. I want to wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too all Orthodox Christians out there.

Merry Christmas to the Orthodox Christians

Coptic Christmas here in Egypt is also on January 7

so Merry Christmas to the Copts too from a fellow Egyptian Muslim

A merry CHRISTmas and a happy New Year to Believers, non-Believers, Conformists & Detractors, Nudists, the Rapists, Trolls & Flamers, Windows 8 Bashers & Windows 7 Fappers, the Neutered & the non-Castrated, the Circumcised & Contraceptuals, the Circumvented & Transgenders, the Baptists, Buddhists, the Bamboozled, the Sane and nSane. :drunk:

In other words to the Homo Sapiens species of every caste, creed, sex, race, gender, color, height and weight >>----> a Merry CHRISTmas and a happy New Year - every day is a CHRISTmas and a New Year for me even as I wake up, getting the ceiling into focus; knowing very well that I'm not a stiff . . . . . . . . . . . . not yet. :pope:

Archived