radioheadbonnaroo 2006

avmad

This performance was epic.

Already known as one of the best live bands of all time, Radiohead did us all a favor by putting on a live show for the ages in Tennessee, USA of all places.

Bonnaroo has had its share of amazing acts. From Bruce Springsteen to Eminem, it's never had to look hard for a top notch act. The other bands on the bill in 2006 were:

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Phil Lesh & Friends, Elvis Costello & the Imposters feat. Allen Toussaint, Beck, Oysterhead, Bonnie Raitt, Death Cab for Cutie, moe., Bright Eyes, The Neville Brothers, Béla Fleck & the Flecktones (the original line-up), Cypress Hill, Buddy Guy, Damian 'Jr. Gong' Marley, Ben Folds, Common, Dr. John, Sonic Youth, Les Claypool, G. Love & Special Sauce and many more.

It's hard to believe this was over 5 years ago, but a friend of mine was running sound that night. He snagged the 2-track master from the board and handed the raw WAV over to me. I felt like I scored the mix of a lifetime. I've spent twenty years behind mixing consoles and mastering is one of my fortes, so I couldn't wait to pull the best out of this one.

After two months of wrangling, I finally came up with a mix that I loved. Everything is crystal clear. I have heard every "official" Radiohead live release and none of them sound this clear. After 5 years of keeping this to myself, I had a talk with my friend -- and he gave me to the OK to go ahead and release this to the public on the 5th anniversary of this awesome show. Of course, they could tell me to take it down any moment, so I would download the files below as soon as possible.

Then, listen to it over and over and over.

I really tried to focus the attention on the individuals, breaking it apart so you can hear everyone. The show improves as it goes -- with the first couple songs being a bit rough -- they settle in and the last 10 songs are completely spot on and wonderful. Because it's straight from the board, you get to hear the band without all that damn crowd noise. :)

The arrangement to Bodysnatchers is a bit different from the album version. You can tell they were still working on it.

You will hear every little detail, like you were running sound. This is the best Radiohead live recording you will ever hear. Quality. Performance. It's all here. I love Radiohead. They truly have made my life better simply by playing musical instruments.

My personal favorite from this show is Videotape. I like this version over the album version so much more. So passionate. Just amazing.

This website will not need to exist for long, because as soon as I post these songs, they will spread across the internet and then I can take them down and give my server a rest. If you have reached here and the songs are no longer available for download, please accept my apologies, but rest assured it is out there somewhere.

Download Radiohead at Bonnaroo 2006 below, straight from the board, mastered by Paul Phipps.

01.) Intro

02.) There There

03.) 2+2=5

04.) 15 Step

05.) Arpeggi (Weird Fishes)

06.) Exit Music (For A Film)

07.) Kid A

08.) Dollars & Cents

09.) Videotape

10.) No Surprises

11.) Paranoid Android

12.) The Gloaming

13.) The National Anthem

14.) Climbing Up The Walls

15.) Nude

16.) Street Spirit (Fade Out)

17.) The Bends

18.) Myxomatosis

19.) How To Disappear Completely And Never Be Found

20.) You And Whose Army

21.) Pyramid Song

22.) Like Spinning Plates

23.) Fake Plastic Trees

24.) Bodysnatchers

25.) Lucky

26.) Idioteque

27.) Karma Police

28.) House of Cards

29.) Everything In It's Right Place

Mastered by Paul Phipps. Get a hold of Paul here.

Download the whole thing in one zip file here.

Thanks to Paul Phipps. Really good work B)

http://radioheadbonnaroo.com/

• Replies 2
  • Views 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the share! :) So what, it's totally legal to download it? As it is hosted on the festivals page...

Archived