Where To Get Surround Sound Hindi MP3s

princenarwal

Do somebody know from where i can get 5.1 or 7.1 channel hindi/punjabi songs?

i don't want converted (stereo to surround) but some original tracks.

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to find on Public torrent portals .

There were some torrents i had seen some time back where the guy had uploaded some HD Rips ( or as he titled his post ) of some popular modern hindi tracks in Dolby and stereo. Look out on torrentz.eu

Dint download because of a bad experience of downloading a similar torrent some time before this .

Most likely these are Upscaled versions and not genuine HD rips and the encoder further f#cks up the sound , though surround , but too distorted and just lacking any feel .

In short == No Quality !

Your best bet is genuine DVD Rips or HD Rips , and you shall most likely find these on Private trackers .

And more chances on an Indian tracker like -- BWTorrent .

Very good tracker and a very good community with some very nice and high quality uploads in Music and Video .

Its an invitation based .

Was a member some time back , but couldnt keep up ,so lost it !

And also look out for some Indian forums where people upload and share such stuff with each other .

I knew of such a community , but cant recall right now .

PS-

Other option - Get an AVR and simply let it handle the surround process . A good AVR shall render quite good surround even from stereo sound , along with its inherent handling of Multi Channel sound . Point -- The AVR does not convert stereo to surround , but "renders" surround from stereo by virtue of its design ;)

Or -- Buy the Stuff ! :P

so the best option is to extract audio from dvds as they mostly have 5.1 ch audio.

actually i want to test the new home theatre with stereo and surround. with standard mode it only play from two speakers(stereo). can play from all with advanced surroud mode from stereo.

but want to see :oops: , hear :hypocrite: the difference with stereo and aurround.

so if not hindi any english alternative...

and if i buy then the chances are i will get stereo only.

No such thing as 5.1 or 7.1 mp3s. You'd have to use ac3, flac, wav, dts or another format capable of containing multichannel audio. One of THE best examples of well done multichannel audio is The Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" 5.1 version. Even a lot of retail multichannel audio releases are just stereo upconverts.

• Administrator
No such thing as 5.1 or 7.1 mp3s. You'd have to use ac3, flac, wav, dts or another format capable of containing multichannel audio.

This. ^^ Had completely forgotten that in normal cases, mp3s only allow mono and stereo.

As an English alternative to test your home theater, you can download Dolby, DTS, THX demo dvd on TPB. It has both movie trailers and music videos in 5.1 surround. I also used it to test and calibrate my HT. :)

No professional artist records songs on surround sound, surround sound isn't made for this purpose. Surround sound is multichannel positional audio made to enhance movies and games, 2-channel stereo is best quality for songs by musical artists. Many home theatre speaker systems are capable of playing stereo songs across all the channels by using Dolby Pro Logic II. No matter what you do, recording a song with surround is not useful and no recording studio will do this in their correct state of mind, a band plays a song together, there is no point telling the soloist to go to the back recording microphone so we can surprise the listeners with a solo from their rear speakers, lol.

Also if you are a music enthusiast then listening to high quality stereo recordings on a home theatre system is a bad idea because you won't hear any of the low bass. Unless your home theatre speakers are audiophile quality and can hit 15Hz at 0dB or 20Hz at +3dB then it makes no sense, however if you are a casual listener and don't care about the reproduction quality then this should not matter.

Right said Leet .

I would recon this . Music is best enjoyed on a stereo setup . I have done enough first hand testing to finally agree on this Audiophilic Thumb Rule ! :yes:

Surround sound in music feels good for the first , second or might be a few more times , but then it kind of gets tiring or rather boring to enjoy .

The sound field created by a stereo setup is sonically best suited and appreciated by our ears rather than any other set up .

And +1 for quoting the technical advice in the last ! Absolutely right .....

On the same note , heard about Binaural recordings ?

@princenarwal

If you want to test your home theater , i would also advice what ck_kent already said . Get a demo disc of Dolby or DTS , or if your home theater is capable of handling the newer formats , then get the DTS HD Master Audio Demo disc . Superb disc and Par excellence sonic dynamics . Unmatched ! ;)

thanx everyone for replying.

i get from all above that i will use a demo dvd.

but here two are mentioned,

As an English alternative to test your home theater, you can download Dolby, DTS, THX demo dvd on TPB. It has both movie trailers and music videos in 5.1 surround. I also used it to test and calibrate my HT. :)
Get a demo disc of Dolby or DTS , or if your home theater is capable of handling the newer formats , then get the DTS HD Master Audio Demo disc . Superb disc and Par excellence sonic dynamics . Unmatched ! ;)

so plz, roughly elaborate difference in these two.

and proide link for DTS HD Master Audio Demo disc.

thanx

I have to disagree with Leet & Majithia in nearly every aspect. There are most certainly surround versions of albums that are leaps and bounds superior to their stereo counterparts. Try listening to the completely brickwalled standard 2.0 retail disc of Depeche Mode's "Playing the Angel", then listen to the 5.1 DVDA version. You can barely listen to the stereo disc because ear fatigue kicks in not even halfway through the 2nd track because of the horrendous mastering job. Also, saying that no professional artists in their right mind would "record" in 5.1 is ridiculous. No one in their right mind can tell me the stereo mix of Flaming Lips "Yoshimi" album is better than the 5.1 mix. I believe you haven't heard any well done examples of surround audio mixes. They can add a great deal of enjoyment OVER the stereo recording when done properly. The most ridiculous statement however, would have to be "if you are a music enthusiast then listening to high quality stereo recordings on a home theatre system is a bad idea because you won't hear any of the low bass". Any truth to that statement would be because the listener has no subwoofer, they either have no crossover control or don't know how to use it, or they're using some extremely crappy mains. I mean really... if a person has crap mains how is listening to something in 2 channel going to provide more bass than in multichannel? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The guy's front mains have the same Hz regardless of if he's listening to a stereo recording or a multichannel one, and also the same Hz if he's listening on a 2 channel only receiver/amp or a home theater one.

Respectfully, I find little to no truths in either of your comments.

If you post that at head-fi.org they will laugh at you. Also you should quote me in proper context, you only quoted half of a statement where it seemed convenient, I laid out numerical values of exactly what I meant. You clearly do not know what a home theatre subwoofer is capable of, loud bass is not the same as high quality low bass. You seem to think that sound pressure level alone somehow means the reproduction is high quality. A typical decent home theater subwoofer is capable of reproducing 30Hz–150Hz but most of them start from 40Hz or 50Hz all of which are terrible for music. If you think I am wrong then go copy your post to a thread at head-fi forums and see what happens. You are trying to baffle everyone with talks about crossover control and what not, I have news for you, it don't matter what the crossover can do because the subwoofer in the HT system cannot hit sub 30Hz freq at 0dB so it will never sound right. It just was not designed for audiophile music, but rather movies and games. If Klipsch only goes down to 30Hz in their surround sound speakers you think any other company can do it better? Dream on.

If your particular recording sounds like crap in 2 channel then it's the remastering or post processing or maybe it was 6 channel and then down-mixed to play through 2 channels, downmixing is a mathematical approximation and summation of the channel amplitudes and there is no guarantee it will sound good. This is why Disney actually bothered to master the 2-channel audio track separate from the 6-channel audio track in their Brave movie. A common issue with cd audio is that the remastered version really means loud and distorted due to clipping so it sounds like crap; yes this is what remastered means in the music industry. Also we have no idea what audio system you own so who knows why your cd sounds so bad to you.

So far all I know about are bands that perform from a single centralized location unless there are ninja violinists running back and forth. They really just use the studio recording in stereo and then remix it into 6 channels. This is just a manual mixing instead of allowing an algorithm such as Dolby Pro Logic II to do it for you; the manual mixing done by humans will be much better for music as they mix it so that you hear what they want you to hear across the channels so it fills the room and sounds great. Maybe in future 6 channel music albums will be more popular but currently not so much.

and proide link for DTS HD Master Audio Demo disc.
thanx

You can probably find more demo discs by searching the internet but try this one and see if it works for you.

thepiratebay.se/torrent/4252514/Dolby_Digital_DTS_THX_Demo_Trailer_DVD 

LoL. Entertaining reading. Although you took everything I said the wrong way. I'm simply stating that your theory of ALL stereo recordings being superior to any/all multichannel audio recordings is severely flawed, and that you must not be familiar with any well done multichannel recordings that are in fact superior to their stereo counterpart in dynamic range alone. Using your theory, the retail 2.0 cd of Depeche Mode's Playing the Angel would sound far superior to the 5.1 multichannel release downmixed to 2.0... which would be a complete falacy. It is just the plain and simple truth that not all recordings sound better when using only 2 channels and/or just because they are stereo recordings. :)

• 1 month later...

bro go to your nearest dvd parlour and ask him for dvd9 which contains movie as well as video songs and use DVD decryptor to extract it and use virtualdub to extract the audio file from the video track or else download 720p video songs from the net and use virtualdub to extrat the same.... hope u like my way to get 5.1 sound tracks if not then pm me the list ll help u to manage those songs... :)

Archived