Anti Trojan

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Hmm this is weird... For some reason today my Antivirus(BitDefender) found that CCleaner is a Trojan: This is what it gives me

Virus Alert:

File:

c:\documents and settings\chris la\desktop\ccsetup123.exe.jc!.jc!=>(NSISo)=>lzma_nsis0007

Infected with:

Trojan.Banker.VB.15E70689

So it automatically uninstalled CCleaner for me...

Now I am searching for a Anti-Trojan Program to see what is up... And if it is clean.. Bleh dont' know what is wrong.

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setting that heuristic program on high alert gives me all sorts of alerts which are clean, maybe you should lower the setting or turn it off all together.

SacredCultivator

Bah with BitDefender I don't think I can make it 'Ignore it' since i tried looking into the settings but can't ><.

And yes I did download it from their site...

• Administrator

Submit the file to BitDefender, if its a false positive Softwin usually fix it quickly.

And nowadays most anti-trojans are virtually useless, they have been superseeded by the more powerful anti-viruses and bitdefender is one of these.

Submit the file to BitDefender, if its a false positive Softwin usually fix it quickly.

And nowadays most anti-trojans are virtually useless, they have been superseeded by the more powerful anti-viruses and bitdefender is one of these.

CCleaner has a topic on this subject. it is a false hit. but one of the CCleaner versions was corrupted in the topics. Bit-A-Fender supposely has a new data file that doesnt attack CCleaner.

btw which BF was he using?

if he cant update to a newer data file then they said to disable BF, use CCleaner and then close it, able BF.

SacredCultivator

Ok I got rid of it in Safe Mode..

And it is BitDefender not Bit-A-Fender =P

And yeah I updated it and that fixed the problem.

Ok I got rid of it in Safe Mode..

And it is BitDefender not Bit-A-Fender =P

And yeah I updated it and that fixed the problem.

Bit-A-Fender sounds better.

CClean is safe and nice for when you want to screw rapidshare and other sites from their download limits

Archived