File splitter

RKP

Can anyone suggest some good file splitter...i know there are loads on the net....but some reliable and good one plz.... :blink:

• Replies 11
  • Views 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone suggest some good file splitter...i know there are loads on the net....but some reliable and good one plz.... :rolleyes:

Because I'm a Usenet addict i don't think that there's a better one than HJSplit 2.3.

You can also use the built in split feature from Total Commander , but that's just one of the numerous features in this app, which can easily replace with the help of his many free addons an impressive amount of apps. The only downside is that it takes a while to get used to it , and if you are a clicker and you don't use the keyboard as much you won't like this app.

Presuming you're referring to Audio/Video Splitters, I've been using Allok - latest release is 3.0.0113 (for Video) and Absolute MP3 Splitter 2.8.3 (for Audio.)

k...my findings....nice piece of software....has everything i need...just one thing i felt awkward was that u need the software to join the files back...used to think it would create a *.bat file along with the splits which when run would join it back regardless of whether u have the soft or not....couldnt find it here though will try lookin...haven't tried the settings as such...will report back if i do find such a setting!!! Such a setting used to be there in 'jsplit' !!!

k...my findings....nice piece of software....has everything i need...just one thing i felt awkward was that u need the software to join the files back...used to think it would create a *.bat file along with the splits which when run would join it back regardless of whether u have the soft or not....couldnt find it here though will try lookin...haven't tried the settings as such...will report back if i do find such a setting!!! Such a setting used to be there in 'jsplit' !!!

You might just use winrar/7-Zip and create a self extracting archive. And when you make them if you don't want compresion just select store as compresion type.

Archived