newsgroup browsers

myidisbb

which one you guys use to upload and or download?

btw i figure that this was the best place for the topic. since it is a form of file sharing.

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I use 2.

GrabIt is the easier one to use, but also suffers from slow decoding speeds.

NewLeecher is slightly more complex but is very fast. However they also charge a minimum of $30 for a year's usage. I did have a :o copy of their latest betas but one by one they are getting blacklisted. I think it has something to do with a "phone home" that it has built into it :D

I'd recommend GrabIt for newcomers, and NewsLeecher for slightly more experienced users, although if you want to pay for it, just make sure you can justify it. They offer 2 packages, priced at $30 and $35 but both have pros and cons.

Well I use 2.

GrabIt is the easier one to use, but also suffers from slow decoding speeds.

NewLeecher is slightly more complex but is very fast. However they also charge a minimum of $30 for a year's usage. I did have a  :o copy of their latest betas but one by one they are getting blacklisted. I think it has something to do with a "phone home" that it has built into it :D

I'd recommend GrabIt for newcomers, and NewsLeecher for slightly more experienced users, although if you want to pay for it, just make sure you can justify it. They offer 2 packages, priced at $30 and $35 but both have pros and cons.

i was a agent user. actually paid for it in the beginning back in 96. back then it was the new IE and netscape 2.0 and their helper files. for those that have never uses win95 orginal. you couldnt even open a gif or jpg without an addon.

went newsleecher a few months ago. love the folder download naming automatic feature. no more agent data files of 4 gbs in size. i still use agent because the newsleecher version 2's not always getting the full file once in a while. figure out how to after sometime.

oh yeah i notice that newsleecher spyware that they had said was not in their system anymore is active again since sep 15th. i think i figure something out for that problem. i pm you about it. not sure i would be allow to post it here.

(software that dies at a certain date in time is just plain wrong) i believe that is a national security threat. if something was to happen to mankind, people wouldnt be able to start over. thats why windows xp key act checking is wrong.

Archived