Anyone have any idea how to remove this..

LoKz

untitledew4.jpg

I want to figure out how to remove it... And i also want to know why sometimes i am connected to mutiple networks i will post a picture when i get it... i am on vista..

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't right clicking 'Local area connecton* 16' and deleting it work for you??

If it fails to work - you can always hack your registry (do it at your own risk, though.) Navigate to the following key:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Under this key you'll see various other sub-keys at the left pane under which will also be an entry assigned to each sub-key, named as 'connection'. When you click on 'connection' you'll find one of the corresponding entries listed as 'Local area connection* 16' or 'Local area connection* 15' on the right side of the pane. These entries can be edited / deleted. The resulting change is instantaneous (no reboot required.)

As a last resort, you could always uninstall your NIC adapters through the Device Manager.

Disclaimers:-

1. The above has been tested on XP - can't be guaranteed to work on Vista

2. Playing with the registry can be injurious to the health . . . . . . . . (of your PC.)

ps:- Your screenshot prompts me that a discussion needs to be opened on 'Which Screenshot Application Do You Use.' B)

bearoninternet
ps:- Your screenshot prompts me that a discussion needs to be opened on 'Which Screenshot Application Do You Use.' :)

;)

Archived