Methlabs link...

Broke As Hell

I think you should change the link for PeerGuardian to http://peerguardian.sf.net since the Methlabs.org domain is under "rogue" control. Same with the blocklist.org.

Apparently, the staff is locked out by a traitor. (I think it's supposed to be cerberius and a few others, his name is listed on the IRC ban list.)

Just thought I'd say this.

• Replies 13
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bloody coupe.....

Thats very sad.....

It is, and unfortunately, the ones who did the coupe are claiming they're the "real" methlabs. It should be obvious the ones who should be believed is the one meth is siding with as he is the creator and founder of methlabs.

But some people are just stupid, and that's why they'll always be gullible.

UPDATE: William Erwin (cerberius), now confirmed as the hijacker, has posted news on Methlabs.org, claiming the hijacking news is false and stems from a revolt by former team members.

However, after speaking to the Methlabs team and various connected members of the community, P2Pnet, SuprNova and Slyck can all confirm that the original story that the domain has been hijacked is genuine.

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=913

• Administrator

Seen as though only prolly Phrosty would have acess to the sf.net site and r00ted's sig on methlabs.org is taking the piss out of cerberius. Seems methlabs.org is no longer trust worthy, but who knows if there is more stuff that hasn't been made public....

• Administrator
So, we now use the bluetack lists, like it says on that page? (http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=913)

I only ever used the p2p blocks on peerguardian, so which lists out of the ones on this page would apply to me?:

http://bluetack.co.uk/config/sources.txt

Thanks

The level1 list would be the one the choose. Pick the .zip one.

As per teh Bluetack Blocklist FAQ,

Level 1 is equivalent to the top bad corps, RIAA, MPAA, MediaSentry, etc.

Level 2 is geared towards government and the like ranges.

The ads, spyware, etc lists are self explanatory

Makes you wonder why anyone should trust anyone these days.

Unbelievable what some people do for greed :D

the majority of the staff at are now at the sf site, web site says keep using pg2beta 6a. but dont trust the update lists. it seems to me it would be better to make a pg2 6b and have the update list going to a new site that they know is safe. it makes no sense to tell people to keep using the one.

i have notice that i have been able to update and d/l everyday now. usually it would be week or so. i have all 5 lists for my pg2. should i just stop updating for a while or what?

btw not using p2p anyway, been newsgrouping :o but i still like to have a good list.

the majority of the staff at are now at the sf site, web site says keep using pg2beta 6a.  but dont trust the update lists.  it seems to me it would be better to make a pg2 6b and have the update list going to a new site that they know is safe.  it makes no sense to tell people to keep using the one.

i have notice that i have been able to update and d/l everyday now.  usually it would be week or so.  i have all 5 lists for my pg2.  should i just stop updating for a while or what?

btw not using p2p anyway,  been newsgrouping :o  but i still like to have a good list.

U could just change the lists that PeerGuardian2 uses... Make them point to bluetack.co.uk instead of blocklist.org.

As for a newer version of PG2, whats the point? As i already mentioned, just change the lists' location. Its more of a setting instead of a internal program function. :D

U could just change the lists that PeerGuardian2 uses... Make them point to bluetack.co.uk instead of blocklist.org.

As for a newer version of PG2, whats the point? As i already mentioned, just change the lists' location. Its more of a setting instead of a internal program function. :o

most people online dont use ipblockers. i would think that the avg user that does use ipblockers wouldnt know it either. the majority here it would seem simple and easy to do because frankly the people here are above avg users.

doesnt the staff want control back or not? releasing an update that voids the orginal site would go a long ways. the idea is that the software is easy to use and everyone on the same sheet of music. thats just my thoughts on it.

btw i thought they all basically had the same listings. sharing between easy other

Archived