Foxit Reader 5.4.4.1128

anuraag

Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer and printer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and amazingly rich feature set. In the past, you have to download a huge PDF Reader from another software company, go through a lengthy installation process and wait for an annoying splash window to disappear just to open a PDF document. Moreover, if you want to annotate a PDF document, you have to pay US$299 to buy that certain PDF software.

Thanks to thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 11
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Foxit no longer release the MSI version of Foxit Reader installer? :angry: I just prefer not to use the exe installer which contains adware.

Does Foxit no longer release the MSI version of Foxit Reader installer? :angry: I just prefer not to use the exe installer which contains adware.

Where is the adware, I haven't seen it? I seem to recall there was a menu/pref to disable something related to ads, but I can't even find that now.

The exe installer for the 5.4.4.1023 version has Adware.Win32.Bromngr.a.

they do the msi but now the msi also has the adware in it as well. so it doesnt matter

Could you post the direct link to the msi installer? Thanks.

i have to be corrected the newest msi installer is for version 5.4.3 the link is below but for some reason it is downloading the older 5.4.3 version not sure why. looks like they may have pulled the newest ones off the server.

but the last msi i downloaded did in fact have the toolbars included.

http://cdn04.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/reader/desktop/win/5.x/5.4/enu/FoxitReader544.1023_enu.msi

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Thanks for the update :dance2:

________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

if you would care to visit this link, you'll see the last .MSI released by them is for v543.0920. They haven't released an .MSI after that for reasons best known to them...

Hmmm. Has anyone tried installing 5.4.4.1128 in Win8 x64? The installer goes but it doesn't actually install itself. No errors. Quite curious, as other recent versions have installed fine on the same OS.

Archived