Mozilla Firefox 18.0 Beta 1

Marik

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to HALiD for the update.

Download

• Replies 20
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

This is probably the release with IonMonkey. If yes, then we will see a major performance boost. ;)

This is probably the release with IonMonkey. If yes, then we will see a major performance boost. ;)

yes it is, here are the features so far

• Modern JIT Compiler for Javascript (IonMonkey)
  • Per-Site Third-Party Cookie Setting
  • Show PDF inline

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Release_Tracking#Firefox_18:_Platform

Firefox keeps crashing when using Google pages sometimes (a lot).. got sick of it... Waterfox x64 works smoothly... :showoff:

yes it is, here are the features so far

• Modern JIT Compiler for Javascript (IonMonkey)
  • Per-Site Third-Party Cookie Setting
  • Show PDF inline
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Release_Tracking#Firefox_18:_Platform

Thats why I had to re-login on all my sites...

Wondered what happened there.

• Administrator

Please tell me is it faster than firefox 17 ? :D

Excellent so far. Page loading seems to have speed-up more than 33% here. :)

Running it right now, changed some options and running smoother than ever. It also implemented my bookmarks and stuff from Chrome, so installed FF and imported, removed Chrome. Seems to run better anyway with new improvements that you notice each release IMHO. :)

In which version they go to implement preferences like they are in add-on manager?

Ok, guys, fill me up on this one if you can. All this talk of 'Metro UI' on FF 18 and I get nothing :o It is set as the default browser, but all I get is a transfer to the desktop even when I launch it from the pinned 'Tile' on the 'Metro Start Screen'. :(

Dr. Eset - NSANE
Thanks from Brazil :showoff:

Archived