How to Disable Ads in uTorrent/Bittorent

rajeesh

You may have read about BitTorrent including ads in their popular torrent client recently. Not everyone were pleased with this decision. Fortunately disabling these ads is just a few mouse clicks away. And the best part is you don't need any additional software to do this. That's right , we can disable it from within the app.

Read the full article at source:

Source

• Replies 27
  • Views 26k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very usefull, thx bro :)

Thanks Dude, These ads are a pain in the ASS <_<

There's so necessary for suppositories :P

saw this trick recently on utorrent recent thread.n followed.fine now

In Bittorrent, there is no "offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled" in the list. I think its only for utorrent. Can u say how to remove the ads on top in bittorrent?

• Administrator

In Bittorrent, there is no "offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled" in the list. I think its only for utorrent. Can u say how to remove the ads on top in bittorrent?

I suggest you to use uTorrent or qBitTorrent then. uTorrent and BitTorrent are basically the same with the same source code (just a guess as it's not opensource). Only BitTorrent gets updates when uTorrent devs feel it's time to update it.

Post edited. now check..

Post edited. now check..

Only these are available in BitTorrent. gui.show_plus_upsell and content_offer_autoexec(which is already in false mode). The other things which you have said are not available in Bittorrent. Please edit the post.

Post edited. now check..

Only these are available in BitTorrent. gui.show_plus_upsell and content_offer_autoexec(which is already in false mode). The other things which you have said are not available in Bittorrent. Please edit the post.

you are wrong. i can assure you they are i already tried it myself. using latest version of utorrrent. just search for "offers" and "bt.enable"i n the filter box and you will see it.

edit: In fact these attributes are present in utorrent. dont know about bittorrent though.

• 5 months later...
djangozando

Thank you very much!

Works fine for me in uTorrent.

Peace! B)

Thank you very much!

Works fine for me in uTorrent.

Peace! B)

tks bcz of your post i know this trick , never know nsane has this trick which has been shared by rajeesh :)

• 2 weeks later...

can i get help regarding bitcomet , how to disable start page ads

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a small contribution, after making the required changes, just run the following command %APPDATA%\uTorrent to save this file \settings.dat for your later use.

Archived