Best firewall to run with Kaspersky

mana

Hi. I was just wondering if some one can help me chose which firewall i should install along with kaspersky antivirus. i tried using outpost firewall but system got a lot slower because outpost firewall was consuming almost 60-100 mb of ram. i have 1 gb ram but i was wondering that ideally i should install a firewall which should consume as little ram as possible but still provide a good security. any suggestions are welcome.

• Replies 9
  • Views 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

prob COMODO Firewall Pro

there are few firewalls that can get along with the mother of all resource hoggers

... mother of all resource hoggers

Well, to be honest, that statement is a bit farfetched, isn't it?

Kaspersky uses more resources that some antiviruses, but to be labelled as above...

In terms of resource-friendliness, I find NAV 2009 very good... (I know many people have somewhat an opinion about Norton products; try this 2009 version - you'll see for yourself!).

Peace

kaspersky internet security is a bit of resource hog, i admit but its antivirus is not. although a thing with kav is that it conflicts with other firewall, eg i installed sygate and all of a sudden the kav process avp.exe started using 60-70 percent of memory.plus i have personally experienced that kav conflicts with zone alarm because both of them use same engine( zone alaram has kaspersky engine). so now i m here in total dark as to what firewall to use with kaspersky. i am on xp pro sp3. what can be the best combination.

KAV is one of the most troublesome antivirus when third party firewalls are concern. It won't work with outpost, zonealarm , you have sometimes troubles even with comodo, but it used to work well with online armour at least de 2.x series. If i were you either I'll ditch Kav or use Kis simply because even when kaspersky has system monitoring disable you'll have issues, it only depends on system and or luck i guess.

In case you want to stick with kav and you have issues with outpost and or another firewall you could try using this tweak. http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=72933 , which is explained here http://www.agnitum.com/support/kb/article....&lang=en#16.

prob COMODO Firewall Pro

there are few firewalls that can get along with the mother of all resource hoggers

COMODO Firewall PRO

'nuff said :rolleyes:

Hi. I was just wondering if some one can help me chose which firewall i should install along with kaspersky antivirus.

Try any firewall except ZoneAlarm (COMODO or Online Armor would make a good starting point) - if you make the blunder of coupling Kaspersky with ZoneAlarm, you'll bump into the grandfather of all resource hoggers.

Archived