Mozilla Firefox 17.0 Beta 5

anuraag

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Download

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Is the crack working - did someone scan the same at VirusTotal???

Yes it's working. It cracked Firefox fine. Apparently, VirusTotal showed that the Firefox installer was clean. :P

Does anybody know if there is an actual changelog for every new beta (like beta4>beta5) and where to find it?

ok - please tell me why we need a crack for firefox.. ?

We need a crack for Firefox to bring jest into our otherwise drab lives which shriek out impulsively & compulsively "Thank you for the update."

ok - please tell me why we need a crack for firefox.. ?

We need a crack for Firefox to bring jest into our otherwise drab lives which shriek out impulsively & compulsively "Thank you for the update."

Wrong forum. Should be in Joke and Funny Stuff forum. ;)

Upgraded to FF 17 B 5 too. But I keep getting javascript error alerts on sites I visit... If I recall right, it has happened to me before too. With an older version of FF months back...

Any one noticed that if you enable the inbuilt pdf reader, then go to options>options the window opens as a full screen page? Disabling the pdf still leaves this problem :wtf: . Tried this 3 times now and have to reset firefox back to default to get this window back to normal working size, shame as id like to use the inbuilt feature.

• Administrator

Any one noticed that if you enable the inbuilt pdf reader, then go to options>options the window opens as a full screen page? Disabling the pdf still leaves this problem :wtf: . Tried this 3 times now and have to reset firefox back to default to get this window back to normal working size, shame as id like to use the inbuilt feature.

Last time I checked, it was compulsory to manually enable the full screen Options page in order to successfully use build-in PDF. Somehow it's tied together. So yea.

But worry not, future versions will have full screen options page by default, just that, currently, it's not fully fit / proper to be used by general public. It will be improved.

• Administrator

Wish i had read that first instead of wasting hours :P Thanks for clearing that up DKT27 . :showoff:

No problem. Good that you asked. :)

Wish i had read that first instead of wasting hours :P Thanks for clearing that up DKT27 . :showoff:

No problem. Good that you asked. :)

I can live with opening full screen, but unable to save preferences as no OK button is this normal?

• Administrator

I can live with opening full screen, but unable to save preferences as no OK button is this normal?

Changes are done live. No OK button, you don't need to apply anything, it's done automatically.

Changes are done live. No OK button, you don't need to apply anything, it's done automatically.

Mine will not keep preferences in content, as i need larger text, reverts back to default and i have to keep zooming . Looks like i will have to install No Squint B) addon and see if that works :D

thanks again DKT27 (firefox guru)

• Administrator

Mine will not keep preferences in content, as i need larger text, reverts back to default and i have to keep zooming . Looks like i will have to install No Squint B) addon and see if that works :D

thanks again DKT27 (firefox guru)

Open about:config and search this:

browser.preferences.instantApply

Toggle it to true and now check if changes are done.

Source. And yes, I use this trick myself.

lol. Just know a few things. :)

• Administrator

Thanks, worked like a charm,now have inbuilt pdf and LARGE text.

cheers for that.

You are welcome. Glad that it worked. :)

As I said, the full screen option is still in development.

PS. The above trick also works on non-fullscreen Options.

Archived