BitTorrent Client Alternative

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

For some strange reason my computer has started to 'discriminate' towards Java Based applications... So that elminates me from using both LimeWire and Azureus...

So my question is.. Since I already know Azureus is the best BitTorrent Client, what would be a good alternative that isn't Java based?

Since I can't seem to fix my problem and I don't want to format.. Always tried the whole Uninstall/Reinstall method, so I just gave up and now looking for alternatives... Same for Limewire, rather than creating a new thread, what would be another alternative to Limewire, since yeah... Computer is Discriminating Java Applications ><

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator
BitComet (with emule's ipfilter.dat) and Gnucleus

Hmmm what is that emule's ipfilter.dat, expand please so I can get the best out of using BitComet =P

Hmmm what is that emule's ipfilter.dat, expand please so I can get the best out of using BitComet =P

it blocks "bad IPs"

download and unzip http://emulepawcio.sourceforge.net/nieuwe_...es/ipfilter.zip to C:\Program Files\BitComet\rules and restart bitcomet (if running)

you should repeat that action when you want to update it.

once a week/month depending on your level of paranoia ;)

also make sure you have ipfilter enabled in the bitcomet settings

but keep in mind it offers zero protection from the "bad guys" from knowing what youre downloading or hiding your IP from them as the trackers will still tell them, but it will keep "them" from sending bad data chunks

SacredCultivator

Alright thanks for the tip... Hmm Gnucleus, don't think I am familiar with that one...

But bah this whole freezing problem of mine is just too arge!!!

Alright thanks for the tip... Hmm Gnucleus, don't think I am familiar with that one...

But bah this whole freezing problem of mine is just too arge!!!

If you would like something simple I would recommend Arctic Torrent.

Screenshot

A minimal BitTorrent client. It wont have all the pretty features that other Torrent apps have, but focuses on low memory and cpu usage. Because it was written in C++, you dont get the high memory requirements of Java or high CPU usage of Python.

Archived