LG Optimus G vs Nexus 4

TheGreatGuy

LG Optimus G vs Nexus 4  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which phone is better?

• LG Optimus G
    • Nexus 4

Both phone are nearly identical, except the Optimus G has 4g LTE and an sdcard slot. The Nexus 4, on the otherhand, has update support from Google. I am currently using an iphone 4 and hate it, so no apple devices for me.

• Replies 7
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Optimus G would be priced ~$300 as Nexus is, Also N4 is going to hit the market sooner ... If you don't need LTE, then Nexus 4 is the go !

I don't think Optimus G would be priced ~$300 as Nexus is, Also N4 is going to hit the market sooner ... If you don't need LTE, then Nexus 4 is the go !

The Optimus G is $200 on contract and its already released here in the US. It also has 32GB and an SD card slot. But, is all that worth no updates from Google?

• Administrator

The Optimus G is $200 on contract and its already released here in the US. It also has 32GB and an SD card slot. But, is all that worth no updates from Google?

It looks to me that SD card slot is only available in USA, that, only for one carrier. Plus, you will have the contract charges.

Oh ! didn't realise. Well, this is Android ! plenty of custom ROMs around, if you can wait for updates, it won't be bothering.

Definitely Nexus 4. Although I read on a few review sites that the nexus 4 performed worse than LG Optimus G curiously (despite same specs) so I would wait for that to be cleared up before buying.

In my opinion though, the price and openness of the system make the nexus 4 indispensable.

Archived