Daily thoughts & quotes

Fluffy

• Administrator

If even after 4 drinks 'she' aint that pretty enough ,

Its time to let go off .... :D

A dentist and a manicurist married - they fought tooth and nail, ever after.

I don't get you guys...?

In 1st one. It can be conceived that even ugly girls can look pretty after taking a few drinks. But if she still doesn't, it's time to leave her.

In 2nd one. As there's a famous phrase "fighting tooth and nail", this joke plays upon that phrase. A dentist is a tooth person, and a manicurist is a nail person. So when they get married, they fight tooth and nail. ;)

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If even after 4 drinks 'she' aint that pretty enough ,

Its time to let go off .... :D

A dentist and a manicurist married - they fought tooth and nail, ever after.

I don't get you guys...?

In 1st one. It can be conceived that even ugly girls can look pretty after taking a few drinks. But if she still doesn't, it's time to leave her.

In 2nd one. As there's a famous phrase "fighting tooth and nail", this joke plays upon that phrase. A dentist is a tooth person, and a manicurist is a nail person. So when they get married, they fight tooth and nail. ;)

I can't analyse well. You see, no wonder I've fucked up on my English exams :( I don't read much cos i don't like to which has all got back to me now...

• Administrator

I can't analyse well. You see, no wonder I've fucked up on my English exams :( I don't read much cos i don't like to which has all got back to me now...

It's time to change then. ;)

Play puzzle games and read stories like those stuff. Not only will they help you in English exams, but also in studies and life in general.

Not only will they help you in English exams, but also in studies and life in general.

Studies and Life in general .... :mellow:

Damn ....

My whole LIFE is based on these stories ... ! :troll:

@Fluffy ,

ur profile mentions you being from the British states and you fu*kd up in English !

:troll:

Not only will they help you in English exams, but also in studies and life in general.

Studies and Life in general .... :mellow:

Damn ....

My whole LIFE is based on these stories ... ! :troll:

@Fluffy ,

ur profile mentions you being from the British states and you fu*kd up in English !

:troll:

No one wants you here, troll. :P

BTW, I mean - I am coherent in speech and writing of course but I mean my vocabulary isn't very sophisticated and I don't really understand linked paragraphs.

Also, in addition to this, the English exams have recently become more difficult to a significant extent. :(

They may even bevjcreasing the grade boundaries by 10% and I sure hope it's not gonna be affecting me :/ it was in the news...

It's time to change then. ;)

Play puzzle games and read stories like those stuff. Not only will they help you in English exams, but also in studies and life in general.

Mehh puzzle games :/

I used to love sudokus when I was younger actually, but I can't be bothered anymore... I was weird back then IMO :/

Yeah I've started reading. Really need to darn improve my English!

• Administrator

I used to love sudokus when I was younger actually, but I can't be bothered anymore... I was weird back then IMO :/

Sudoku is considered an intelligent game no matter what aged you are. But Sudoku is still nothing puzzling. What is IQ test? Half of it is filled by simple and complex puzzles.

Read and talk. The more you talk in slang in real life, the more poorer your English will become. Talk to proper gentlemen everyday and you will improve drastically.

It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves

Years teach us more than books.

The middle course is the best.

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.

Te man of wisdom is never of two minds;

the man of benevolence never worries;

The man of courage is never afraid.

The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shore line of wonder.

By associating with wise people, you will become wise yourself.

The wisdom of nations lies in their proverbs, which are brief and pithy.

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, , the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.

Sudoku is considered an intelligent game no matter what aged you are. But Sudoku is still nothing puzzling. What is IQ test? Half of it is filled by simple and complex puzzles.

Read and talk. The more you talk in slang in real life, the more poorer your English will become. Talk to proper gentlemen everyday and you will improve drastically.

Like I said, I am coherent in speech and writing, but it's my sophisticated vocabulary that I lack in and I messed up my linked paragraphs :(

Men are governed only by serving them; the rule is without exception.

The real leader has no role to lead; he is content by pointing the way.

Go to the people. Learn from them. Live with them. Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves.

A leader is a dealer in hope.

Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice - keep at the and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the Mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

There is always room for a man in force and he makes room for many. Society is a troop of thinkers and the best heads among them take the best places.

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy, since anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.

Don't waste your life on doubts and fears: spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages tat follow it.

It is not work the pat kills men; it is worry. Work is healthy; you can hardly pit more on a man than he can bear. But worry is rust upon the blade. It is not movement that destroys the blade, but friction.

Never let life's hardships destroy you...no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.

Archived