Limelight on Peerguardian

apcmiller

I keep getting hit by limelight networks llc (ip 68.142.79.??:80) on peerguardian. It doesn't seem to be only when I'm connected to Kazaa, its pretty random when I get hit by them. Anyone have any clue what this company is and why my computer keeps trying to talk to them?

Sorry I think i put this on the wrong board topic could an admin move it to filesharing talk for me :rolleyes:

• Replies 7
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Limelight Networks = DataCenter

Whats the EXACT IP that's attempting to connect or is it mulitple IPs in that range? Maybe its just a website.

multiple IPs coming from 68.142.79.65-85:80 all maked Limelight LLC all coming in on port 80. It's the thing that peerguardian blocks the most for me. Just curious about what it is becuase it seems to slow down my internet when peerguardian blocks many ips.

• Administrator

Do you have a firewall installed? If so look through it's logs (or its connections at that time) to see if its a certain application accessing these IPs or something.

port 80? sounds like a web based ad/page

is your browser open when it happens?

About Limelight Networks, LLC

Founded in July, 2001 Limelight Networks is focused on being the communications Industry’s preeminent Internet Delivery Experts.  Recognized as the Industry’s price/performance leader, Limelight Networks services include Internet Transit, Content Deliver Network (CDN) Services, Streaming Services, Distributed Storage Services, and Consulting Services. Limelight Networks offers a broad array of customized reporting tools across all services that enable customers to manage their business while Limelight Networks focuses on delivering their IP traffic. The company’s approach allows the customer requirements drive the solution. From a simple Transit connections to complex CDN solutions including storage services and customized reporting, Limelight Networks provides customers with the most effective delivery solution to meet their needs.

Customers include Radio Free Virgin, MusicMatch, Listen.com, Phoenix Coyotes, Best Software, Que Pasa.com, NPR affiliates, Princeton University, Sporting News, and hundreds of other web properties and corporate clients.

Limelight Networks is a Microsoft Certified CDN and was the first delivery network to provide an end-to-end MPEG-4 webcast.

http://www.limelightnetworks.com/news/colo...g_4_23_2003.php

Thanx to all of you. I'm guessing it has something to do with musicmatch since i use that as my mp3 player. Everything works fine when its blocked, but musicmatch has a tendancy to leave a few small programs running in the background even when its off so its probably one of them.

I use sygate as my firewall and the ports that the packets are being sent out on are not registered to any of the programs that are running

as a matter of fact sygate show no activity on any of the outgoing ports that my computer tries to access this ip on it seems to switch outgoing and recieving ports pretty often too.

Archived