12 in1 card reader

sony dvd burner

dvd rom

liquid cooled

coolermaster 830 full tower

22" sylvania monitor

logictec x-540 5.1 speakers

Have OC'ed to 3.5ghz cpu

and video card from 576mhz to 660 mhz [i know already superclocked but it improved game play and frame rate with zero heat trouble]

but I only use those settings when Gaming

problem Is I use xilisoft dvd creator to convert avi's [ from axxo ] to dvd format and then into ISO [ I was told making ISO makes for a better quality dvd]

I'm using k-lite mega codec 434 although I'll be changing to 442 after posting this to see if it helps

the trouble is my sound is out of sync from time to time , I assume its not the axxo files or others would be complaining , and well he normaly puts out flawless stuff

so its either a codec problem or a converter problem

as I said I'm gonna try codec change after I post but this has been going on through a couple codec changes [i try to keep up on the new codecs , programs ect...... }

xilisoft has no settings I could find plus to be honest I'd be quessing as to what to do if I found them so

I was wondering does any one know whats causing this??

how I can fix it ??

or what programs I should be using ?

also I've used ashampoo to convert and burn but I'm not sure if it also has issues

[ I do alot of movies mostly for my grand kids and my self but I rarely get time to watch them or even check them out since I'm alway's busy finding more and other life needs ]

any help would be well recieved and I thank you now in advance for any help

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: Is the sound either out of sync (a) all the time, (:) sometimes or © it increases during the movie.

If the problem is (:( then it's impossible to solve, if the problem is (a) it is very easy to solve and if it's problem © it's a little harder to solve, but possible :)

I believe it is/was [a] and may be ©

but I can't be sure if it's xilisoft only or I also use ashampoo on some movie's and I'm not sure if it happens with it

I did update to k-lite mega 442 last night , and still it was out of sync . so I uninstalled codecs and xilisoft , re-installed codec first then xilisoft

worked fine after that for one movie at least , might be when I updated codec a while back [ problem just came up a while ago ] and I should of unistalled all converters and probly burners [ codec dependent programs ] I have and then installed codec and then re install all other [codec dependent ] programs

I don't know I could be wrong [ I usually am ] I'll know more later I'll Try another movie or 2 later and see if its better for sure

let me know if I'm a nut case or

what you think I could do to fix this problem , I'll post later and tell you how the next movie comes out

OH and again ............... Thank's for your help

No problem, nothing solved yet, thank me when it's solved :P

I do need to know if it's either a or b, if it's a you can just use VirtualDub to delay the sound, but if it's c you'll have to play around with a little more settings in VirtualDub, in any case you're gonna need that program(it's up on our frontpage) :ph34r: (The easiest way to check if the sound is out of sync is to watch at people's faces when they talk, if you do that at the beginning and at the end you can see if it's increasing or not B))

ok when it happens its [a]

but I went though the 10-15 movies I did without checking and found

[a] the ones that scewed up were non-axxo rip's and where cartoons [for my grand kids of course]

some in the past [ months ago ] were axxo releases but they fell into catagory [a]

VirtualDub , Huh....I'll d/l and install and check it out and also check back to see what you say

also the movie did last night was fi

just checked a larry flynt documentary , it I'm sorry to say seem's to fall in the increases or [c] but its also non- axxo so could be just a bad avi I don't know though since I done deleted the avi but it started out ok and got out of sync worst and worst as it went

but out of 15+ checked so far 2 [cartoons were out from begining to end] and the 1 larry flynt I just told you about

not to bad but still about 1/5 of movies I've done in that group , dvd's are cheap but not cheap enough to live with it this way

1-1-2009 happy new year !!!!!

ok I did about 10 movies yesterday some the ones which screwed up [i had re-d/l'ed them] all turned out good but one

a aXXo release sleeping beauty 1959 the avi is fine but it turns out , out of sync . tried to use virualdub but it doesn't accept "video ts files"

which sucks since all programs I use/have installed create that type of dvd file

and since the avi was fine I saw no reason to try and fix it , I could be wrong of course !!!!

so I'm stumped on one hand I've fixed about 5 movies by just re- converting and burning [ of course the codec re-install may be the cause of this ]

but I still have trouble with one movie for now , this basicly has been a on going trouble since I started doing movies 5 years ago , basicly every so often one or two screw up

is it just the law of averages or was part the codec install [this time ] or is it a occasional bad avi ??

thats all the info I have for now if you need more just let me know.............................later

Ok basicly I have gave up

most files work just fine and the ones that didn't ............well I deleted them and will d/l from some one else since it seems to be those files only causeing the trouble since all others work

but they [even after re-download] seem to be screwed up [ tried to convert each screwed up movie with at least 2 different programs all failed on them but worked on all others ........so files are bad , right??? ]

so I know its the files , not my system since it only happens on those certain files [of course you'll never know which screw up till you try them]

and since many people upload the same movie

one's got to be good and well since the avi's play good and the program you told me of doesn't work with video ts files ......well its just as easy to download another version of the file rather than fight with one's that don't work

but if you feel you can help solve this in another way please do !!!!!!!

and if not thank's again for at least trying to help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................later.................peace

Nah, that doesn't matter, it's the files really, they can be fixed but if you say downloading another one is less trouble than fixing it then you'd better do that ;)

It's got something to do with the converter using .. fps(default) and the movie using either ..-0.1 or ..+0.1 fps(not default) because of that the sound will get delayed every second by 0.1 frames... Don't know if you got that all, but that's the case, with VirtualDub you can configure the converter to take the value of the movie correctly... I don't know which other programs are capable of doing this so that's why I recommended that.

I'm not suggesting that he download another one.

Players can be configured to play files in low and high quality modes.

If his player is configured in high quality mode, and the file resolution he is trying to play is very high, go figure.

P.S.

I have a 3 GHz CPU and a decent gfx card, but when I try to play insanely high resolution files, my player lags and I have to set my player configuration to low quality mode.

to shought

yes I got and understood all that

I'd try to fix them but the avi's do play right the trouble is after converting

and since the avi's play fine I'd not know what to fix in them , but I guess after reading your last post I'could figure it out

but since my programs create "video TS files" instead of mpge-2 files virtualdub doesn't touch the actual messed up file [the dvd] so really it seems I have no choice

and truly since its either -0.1 or +0.1

unless virtualdub tells you which it is it would be a guess

which basicly means try this , burn movie , test if it don't work , try this resulting in a waste of dvds the whole thing I'm trying to stop

to bizzare

if I play a movie on my computer I just play the avi

but since I use k-lite mega codec I can play dvd's on my windows media player or VLC media player

but I test finished movies on a home dvd player since that where they will be played anyway , and all dvd's that have worked it my home player have played on my system also

Another choice you have is to convert you .avi file(before something is messed up), but not the normal way, first take out and save it into a .wav file, then use VirtualDub to attach the .wav file to the .avi file(seams pointless, but it works lol) and go into the options to select 'Match sound with fps or something', that's how I used to do it ;)

Another choice you have is to convert you .avi file(before something is messed up), but not the normal way, first take out and save it into a .wav file, then use VirtualDub to attach the .wav file to the .avi file(seams pointless, but it works lol) and go into the options to select 'Match sound with fps or something', that's how I used to do it :D

Look complicated, is there a 'one-click does all' program which do that?

I use ConvertX2DVD and never had this problem (touch wood). :wacko:

It's not a problem with converters AFAIK, it's just certain video files...

It's not a problem with converters AFAIK, it's just certain video files...

but if I understand what you posted your saying to extract the audio from the avi as a wav file before I know its bad and then use virtualdub to to re attach the wav file back to the avi ..............right ???

seems like alot of extra work [since I'd have to do every movie] just to catch the 1-5% of movies that screw up

but since I don't delete the avi any more till I'm sure of the out come I guess I could do this after I find out its bad only

thanks for the info

kotaxor

first xilisoft DVD creator is also basicly a one-click program

two convert x 2DVD , I tried it once and kaspersky recommeneded I not install it because the driver tried to install itself in a sneaky way , so I haven't ever gave it another thought

but thanks for the info I'm gonna do a clean install soon [i just really need too fix IE 7 and remove some modifided games could be done one at a time but clean install seems the easist since IE7 is a bitch] so I might install it before that to check it out

thanks for the info

Not to worry, most of the converter software need to install a driver anyway.

ConvertX2DVD too needs to install a driver.

I have use this program for a long time, it does not give me any problem.

already D/L'ed "vso convert x to DVD"

it is the same as "convert x2 DVD" , right ???

I'm a pirate like most here I believe

so the only reason I freaked on the program before is that kaspersky freaked on it

just like it did the new power ISO 4.3 except that I've used power ISO for years and it was the first time it tried to install a driver EVER.....so

I just installed DAA2ISO instead , but have now found out magic ISO 5.5 build 273 , now reads DAA files so screw power ISO

but enough rambling thank's for the info I might try it later today

by the way what is the DVD output of convert X 2 DVD "video TS file " or "MPGE 2" ?????

AHHH .......I'll just go to the home page and check

but any way thank's

Upon converting, you should have a Audio TS and Video TS folder, just burn all the files in Video TS folder.

The Audio Folder should be empty.

Or

VSO ConvertX2DVD will auto prompt you to burn it to DVD.

yeah I know which to burn I just wanted to know what format it put out since some that eoropenes [spelling] use output MPGE-2

does it give you a option to create a ISO instead of a Video TS and Audeo TS file ??

I'm gonna be busy today so probly won't get it installed today [already downloaded] but will by tomorrow

yeah I know which to burn I just wanted to know what format it put out since some that eoropenes [spelling] use output MPGE-2

does it give you a option to create a ISO instead of a Video TS and Audeo TS file ??

I'm gonna be busy today so probly won't get it installed today [already downloaded] but will by tomorrow

Create ISO? Not that I know of.

cool I still haven't installed it .........................guess I ought to do that

I'll check it out and post back soon

thank's again

OK

Installed it

tested it on a movie that turned out bad with xilisoft DVD creator

and it worked !!!!!!!

don't really like the menues though guess I'll have to get use to it

and of course I'll test on more than just 1 movie but

thank's for all the info about this and all the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived