5 Really Cool Mouse Operations You Can Use In Windows

rajeesh

When observing the mouse, you might think, “It has two buttons, sometimes a wheel, and a sensor, and that’s all there is to it!” At least in Windows, right-clicking, dragging, pointing, and double-clicking aren’t the only things you can do with your mouse. There are some operations that can help you save time and make advanced operations like opening new tabs on your browsers, selecting multiple portions of text, and selecting text by columns. In this guide, you’ll learn how to do all that without stressing yourself too much.

Read the full article at source:

Source

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really neat things to remember, thanks! :) Knew them all except Alt (doesn't work for me) and Shlft...

I still don't get No.4 :P I'll Google it though ;) But I've always done that kinda' stuff manually one chunk of text at a time. It would have been great if I'd known it all this while :yes: 1 and 3 are cool and really helpful :)

Knew about and practice No.2.on daily basis. I think FF first started offering that functionality before everybody caught on, but can't be sure ;)

As for number 5, again, I do that manually. Copy/Cut (depending) and then Paste in the destination folder. A one click 'Send to' will be great. Will definitely try that the next time. :)

Thanks, Rajeesh :D

BTW, it's funny how much we don't know about Redmond's finest even after having used Windows since time immemorial. This guide is from a time when not all mice had middle buttons, nor all browsers tabbed interfaces :o :hehe:

• Administrator

I know and use them all on regular basis. :)

Try This one

Open MS Word, type

=rand(50,50)
and press Enter.

OR

Just copy and paste in MS Word and press Enter.

Numbers can be changed to any.

Knew about and practice No.2.on daily basis. I think FF first started offering that functionality before everybody caught on, but can't be sure ;)

That would be Opera, not FF.

• Administrator

Wrong, you both are incorrect. First browser to implement tab browsing was something called IBrowse, then Opera, then some time later in the next year, Firefox. The Tab interface however, has been introduced far long before they were implemented in browsers.

InternetWorks was first with tabs (look at the bottom).

Posted Image

Now give me that wise-guy present. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Administrator

Now give me that wise-guy present. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Correct. I seem to have missed that part on Wikipedia. :)

Fun to think about it, what if, Apple would have got their hands on tab browsing first? Tabbed browsing as we know it would have seize to exist. Just noting that this invention, whoever did so, is classed in richness only because it was allowed to be adapted and spread.

I think FF first started offering that functionality before everybody caught on, but can't be sure ;)

Wrong, you both are incorrect. First browser to implement tab browsing was something called IBrowse

Yeah, I knew I couldn't be sure. Thanks for the info, boys :) IBrowse, InternetWorks didn't go anywhere and Opera wasn't exactly a household name back in the day. So my first date with the tab thing was when I switched over from IE to NN and eventually to FF for good ;)

.............. what if, Apple would have got their hands on tab browsing first? Tabbed browsing as we know it would have seize to exist.

Apple doesn't invent anything. They just re-invent things and claim as their own. Admittedly, they do implement ideas better than the original guys more often than not, but this regurgitation and re-implementation has been their modus-operandi since the time they actually tried to sue MS for using the Mac OS GUI when their own product was 'inspired' by Xerox PARC :uhoh:

• Administrator

So my first date with the tab thing was when I switched over from IE to NN and eventually to FF for good ;)

Apple doesn't invent anything.

Same here. :)

Indeed, Apple doesn't invent anything. That's why I said "if they get their hands on". :P

Archived